i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

Last Word is cool.

If you’re having trouble on the last step, don’t be a goofus like me: they shoot in the order they spawn.

Also looks like I’m going to finish Izanagi’s Burden this week yessss gimme that gears of war sniper

I just love the phrase telesto noob

1 Like

Telesto is a first-order optimal strategy, of course he uses it. It’d be stupid not to

1 Like

did they give it a huge buff or something? there was no way you’d run it over nf+dust rock or ace+retold last time i played

i heard they’re removing titan skating :confounded:

They said they’re changing it so you can still skate but not so much that you have an absurd mobility advantage over everyone else.

Trials confirmed not returning for at least a few seasons, making it unlikely to return during D2, what a shitshow

gambit changes coming:

• Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
  • Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
  • Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
  • Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
  • Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
  • Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47638

the sudden death thing will help a lot i think! i’m all for the removal of phalanx too, but having a captain for a medium blocker sounds like it’s gonna suck (those projectiles)

1 Like

!!!

And I got it with a fair weapon and none of that broken Queenbreaker’s shit! If only @rye had been there we could both have gotten that step cleared at once :sob: Anyway I’m pretty sure once next week comes around I will be sick of Gambit after grinding it nonstop for two seasons in a row

3 Likes

actually i still need 3 gambit wins to get to that step so you’re good!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47648

take it with the usual grain of salt because they’re good at these videos, but a lot of stuff in here actually

also what the heck is ARC WEEK

Just watched this with my Destiny-playing coworker (on PC, ugh) over lunch and it looks pretty damn good, as long as I don’t get fully burnt out on Gambit anytime soon. The new armor looks super tacky, and I didn’t see the Trials map reuse coming but it makes total sense since there’s a trophy in vanilla D2 you wouldn’t be able to get at all anymore if they didn’t find a way to somehow give you access to the Trials space. Sounds like Reckoning is some sort of Haunted Forest activity which I’d be pretty down for.

The Allegiance quest, previously forecast as the Joker’s Wild weekly quest, will invite you to choose between the Vanguard and the Drifter. Pick a side to progress through the quest from their perspective. This pledge is character based, so if you have more than one Guardian, you can play both sides. Choose wisely!

Yeah, I’m into DDLG

Drifter
Daddy
Little
Guardian

I think Destiny (PvE) is a no-brainer for cross-play now and hopefully now that Bungie’s independent they won’t have comarketing strings.

you can plug in a controller on PC and get the exact same aim exist you do on console, so i say go whole hog.

Where did everyone pull out this sudden optimism for cross play just because Sony approved it for one game? The only reason Fortnite got cross play is because it’s fucking Fortnite. It’s not like the floodgates are gonna burst open anytime soon.

3 Likes

Rocket League seems like a smaller game than Destiny to me.

Feel like they gave too much away in the vidoc.

Gambit Prime has me speculatin’ though. What, I’m a lore junkie, cut me some slack.

• “Gambit prime is like, the sweatier version of Gambit”
  • “Gambit was like the practice run for a heist. Gambit prime IS the heist.”

from the vidoc…

The Allegiance quest, previously forecast as the Joker’s Wild weekly quest, will invite you to choose between the Vanguard and the Drifter. Pick a side to progress through the quest from their perspective. This pledge is character based, so if you have more than one Guardian, you can play both sides. Choose wisely!

from the detail page.

…What if these two are related? What if This Time the teams are For Real. You decided to side with the Drifter, now you’re not just on Alpha team or whatever. Now you’re on Team Drifter, and you get matched up against Team Vanguard, and you’re playing for keeps. This is the culmination of the Drifter’s grand experiment, the war he’s been preparing us for is about to begin, and it’s a civil war.

Could be neat.

In other news:

Thonk if you’re Thorny

Man I remember when D2 came out I could actually get frags in the Crucible. Now I’m just a chump. Played it yesterday for the first time in months and it was just depressing. I mean sure I’m missing all the weapons that are part of the meta but that can’t make that much of a difference. The older I get the more my skills deteriorate and the people left playing D2 are all super hardcore by now, that doesn’t leave me in a good spot

that is kind of a large problem with the crucible now, most of the average players have withdrawn leaving mostly hardcore players with pinnacle weapons

might get better at the start of next season, at least until regular people get the new smg