i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

oh cool, niobe labs is another event for streamers

there’s been like what 3 forges now and i haven’t even managed to get a group together to clear the first one. i’m 625!

i think i’m swinging firmly back into destiny grump territory how y’all doin

My team hasn’t gotten around to izanami but the first two are okay. I don’t know why there are quests to unlock them at all, tbh.

I hit the level cap because I banged my head against crucible for a week straight during iron banner and i’m halfway done with redrix.

I don’t have a team, I just matchmake the forges. It’s fine really, you shouldn’t need to run it many times to get a clear, especially now that they’ve been out long enough for people to have learned the mechanics

see, i’ve tried matchmaking a few times (once with @Sakurina) and it’s never gone well. either the other people are too low light or don’t know what to do. i could have just been very unlucky though.

It seems to go well for me. Sometimes the other players aren’t throwing the batteries so I just go on dedicated battery duty while they’re killing mobs.

Haven’t unlocked Izanami because I don’t have the patience to solo Insight Terminus with kick-to-orbit on death but it seems fun.

Happy to hop on for PC people who need a forge run! I have rolls I’m happy with for Hammerhead, Tatara, and Kindled Orchid, but haven’t done the sword or pulse.

Neither did I, so I just sat down by the beacon and waited for someone else to come along, and they invited me

That’s beautiful.

just tried matchmaking again, can’t even get past the second phase with randos :frowning:

The structure of the event makes it seem like dunking the cores is what would extend the timer, but it’s actually killing the blue guys, so if you’re down to the wire, just going on a blueguy killing spree and ignoring everything else can sometimes make the difference

the good news is that, at least in my experience, the first forge is by far the most difficult one, so once you get over the hurdle, it should go a little smoother from there on

thanks for the tips! and that’s good to know (about the first being the worst).

Just beat the first forge with randos on matchmaking at 610 light! The tips work!

If you have that exotic scout rifle that does extra damage to Cabal (mine had dropped from a Crucible game immediately preceding my attempt), it is very good for the first forge. Fuck the Cabal.

I too managed it with randoms a bit earlier after about 7 odd tries

Not sure what I’m supposed to do to unlock the next one but that can wait

@Sakurina let’s combine our efforts for future runs

1 Like

yeah i’m getting back into rotation this week too, hmu

1 Like

Tips for Gofannon Forge (the second one): BRING RISKRUNNER

Also, Servitors are Priority 1 at all times

the fuck is this shit

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1083096220485054464

People cried bloody murder because they had to wait for streamers to unlock content that they were expecting to play that day

I feel like it went on long enough tbh, it was cute at first but when I woke up and people had somehow spent more time on this than last wish it was time to get on with it

The puzzle also kinda made no sense and if you failed one level you had to go all the way back to the start, then play another 6 rounds just to get a chance to punch in some new guess

They even broke datto!

I have a lot less of an issue with Niobe Labs being a “designed for streaming” activity than the raid.

They know a large part of the engaged Destiny player base wants to play the raid. Tailoring a raid specifically so that is is a better “world first” viewing experience than it is an actual fun raid to play through is a mistake. Last Wish was a phenomenal world’s first to watch even though it took an entire goddamn day, but it’s miserable to play blind. During the raidalong, they said there was an internal team at Bungie testing the grind from a fresh Forsaken save to raid readiness to ensure it was at an acceptable level. The level they decided was acceptable was mid-540s if you basically spent all day grinding, as if they purposefully wanted full-time streamers to be underlevelled in the amount of time they gave you to gear up for the raid. Forget about it if you were a more casual player. Designing one of the core pillars of what your engaged audience buys the game for around a tiny percentage of players is dumb, but maybe Bungie has data showing more people tune into the world first race than they actually play the raid. I dunno. I just know that if this design trend continues, I would much rather watch the world first race than play new raids blind.

The pro Destiny players were yelling out for more prestige-level activities all throughout Year 1 and they got one with Niobe Labs. But then you’ve got the question of rewards. What rewards do you attach to an activity that has an incredibly narrow target player audience (the people who were trying to figure out Outbreak Prime before Math Class and friends got it) that won’t piss off the entire user base? Would anyone actually give a shit about Niobe Labs if they had announced it and the only reward was a ghost and an emblem? I doubt it, but now that the deadline is up, that’s what it’s become.

The only reason this is a worthwhile “stream event” is because a) we know this is an activity precisely designed with the expectation that most players won’t even attempt it and b) the team who manages to get through it gets to say that they’ve had an impact on the in-game world for every player of the game.

That opportunity is the reward those runners were chasing. The forge is irrelevant. Everybody knew going into this that the forge wasn’t worth however much effort people put into this puzzle. Impacting the in-game world is the main reward of this event, tailored for players who have been publicly asking Bungie for years to get their asses handed to them in endgame activities, and then when less hardcore players who aren’t even playing the activity are complaining it’s taking too long to beat, we’re just going to cave and screw over the hardcore players again? Bullshit.

If we want the community to rally around their favourite streamers and have their actions impact the game world, we have to be ready to accept both the good and bad consequences, and if Bungie isn’t going to, then what is the point?

1 Like

i agree with a lot of that

i think our two attempts are doing last wish “blind” really took it out of us. i kinda wished people were just down to read the guides and do it, it’s hard enough, and i didn’t wanna be that guy to spoil it for others who didn’t want that. though there’s nothing i really want from last wish either i guess? the titles are silly since they basically reflect how good drops have been to you vs. in-game achievements.

who knows when/if we’ll even do the new raid!

it does feel like destiny in it’s current state is turning into a game that i follow more than i play. the most fun stuff — the dungeons, raids, etc aren’t really things i get to participate in anymore. even the forge i couldn’t complete until about a month after it was relevant.

The annual pass experiment is clearly worse than Osiris/Warmind imo. Campaign or no, we’re not getting new strikes, maps, or destinations. It’s like they sliced off just the prophecy weapons or just escalation protocol with a “raid” that seems equivalent to the lairs.

When we first launched our partnership with Activision in 2010, the gaming industry was in a pretty different place. As an independent studio setting out to build a brand new experience, we wanted a partner willing to take a big leap of faith with us. We had a vision for Destiny that we believed in, but to launch a game of that magnitude, we needed the support of an established publishing partner.

With Activision, we created something special. To date, Destiny has delivered a combination of over 50 million games and expansions to players all around the world. More importantly, we’ve also witnessed a remarkable community – tens of millions of Guardians strong – rise up and embrace Destiny, to play together, to make and share memories, and even to do truly great things that reach far beyond the game we share, to deliver a positive impact on people’s everyday lives.

We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.

The planned transition process is already underway in its early stages, with Bungie and Activision both committed to making sure the handoff is as seamless as possible.

With Forsaken, we’ve learned, and listened, and leaned in to what we believe our players want from a great Destiny experience. Rest assured there is more of that on the way. We’ll continue to deliver on the existing Destiny roadmap, and we’re looking forward to releasing more seasonal experiences in the coming months, as well as surprising our community with some exciting announcements about what lies beyond.

Thank you so much for your continued support. Our success is owed in no small part to the incredible community of players who have graced our worlds with light and life. We know self-publishing won’t be easy; there’s still much for us to learn as we grow as an independent, global studio, but we see unbounded opportunities and potential in Destiny. We know that new adventures await us all on new worlds filled with mystery, adventure, and hope. We hope you’ll join us there.

See you starside.

BUNGiE

4 Likes