i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

Some of the new areas they’ve shown have the repurposed Ketch debris and smelting/lava like Archon’s Keep. I don’t think they’ve said anything about bringing old locations back.

e.g.

Actually now that I’ve looked at it more closely, it could just be a reskin of Fallen Prison of Elders with SIVA assets from Rise of Iron:

1 Like

maybe i just suck but i still regularly killed myself misjudging the warlock jump in pvp after god knows how many hours between d1&2, so i’ll back you up here

(tbh all it needs is a doom 2016-style ledge grab)

1 Like

I’ve been very torn about getting forsaken. On one hand, I’m very tempted by the idea of D2, but good. On the other hand, I’m broke, and I absolutely don’t need to be sinking time into Destiny right now.

Also, I really like the warlock jump! It felt immediately natural for some reason. I can’t do the titan or hunter jump for shit, though.

oh yeah i mained warlock in both so i’m completely incapable of jumping any other way, i just never stopped bouncing off level geometry in confusing ways

hunter is at least different — the titan jump is just close enough to warlock that i assume i can glide way further than i actually can lol

Does anyone know if Forsaken comes with some acceleration item(s) to skip ahead to minimum required light level to start the campaign is? My highest character right now is 347 and I don’t actually know what the minimum power level is to start Forsaken.

also planetary materials being required for infusion in the patch is such a pain in the ass

conjecture here but previous expansions’ light requirements have always been very loose so i really doubt you have anything to worry about especially as you’re like, over the softcap from warmind

e.g rise of iron’s first mission required 280 light, which if i remember correctly was around where you’d be if you just finished the taken king campaign and hadn’t done any endgame in the previous year

this is the kind of thing that makes me a little wary

I think the skip item is for new characters, but I’m not sure. They said it would be on the character screen rather than an item like TTK/ROI.

Yeah recommended power for first mission is 330 according to someone in Datto’s chat

is this game actually good now or what

The story sounded pretty boring from listening to the audio of Datto’s stream, and it’s too early to tell about the systems. The bus system is running late so I haven’t gotten home to play it yet.

Added notes:

• Shaders no longer cost anything to equip but you can no longer get raw shaders in the wild. Shaders come already on gear that drops randomly and if you dismantle it, you get the underlying shader. Unclear if you can just detach the shader and reassign it, which would be preferable.
  • Infusion sometimes requires masterwork cores? Love to slow down progression
  • There is a currency trading station like in D1 but currencies rotate daily and the prices go up every time you trade. Prices reset each day(?)

haha this alone kinda makes me want to play it, I was constantly broke in base D2 due to my inability to decide on a color scheme.

I haven’t liked a bow this much since Gears.

Not a fan of the bow, but I am a fan of Gambit. Fuck the other game modes, I just want to play this from now on. Can totally be exploited by good PvPers though by spawn camping with their super during their invasion.

lol there’s a Fallen club with a jukebox that includes, among other songs, Hope for the Future

This expansion rules ok

• Making “friends” with aliens
  • Avenging your bud who got his ass kicked by the Cobra unit*
  • Hanging out with your pal PV
  • Mad Max in space, but purple!
  • Hipfiring crits with the bow all day erry day
  • Leaving your buzzkill Titan and Warlock bosses on Earth to mope while you get frontier justice
  • Competing for the respect and guarded affection of an nassuming immortal man with a spooky curio ship
  • Reading lore in the videogame like it’s Mass Effect, baby!
  • Pondering if the Traveler revived other Beatles or just Paul. George would be a warlock, I think, something in the way he moves says glide-jump to me.

* For real though, this seems like such an obvious improvement in narrative design. Tell me who the mid-bosses are! Thank you!

2 Likes

Procrastinating on story content because I spent all day being hype to play Gambit again once I’d get home, and then I played 3 games of Gambit while my laundry was in the machine. Good shit.

I dunno, a lot of people are saying the story is better than previous games but I cannot bring myself to care at all about anything that is happening. I don’t buy video games for stories though so it’s to be expected really.

One place Forsaken really delivers is in giving you as many checkboxes and progress bars as you want, with three tiers of goals to aim towards:

• Triumphs: very granular achievements for each notable thing you can do in the game
  • Badges: indicates you’ve collected all possible gear for a given activity. This means you can just grind the shit out of an activity and get them.
  • Seals: if you get the badge and a subset of triumphs demonstrating mastery in a given activity, you are given a seal. You can’t grind the Crucible and Gambit ones because you’re only going to get the high-level triumphs if you’re really fucking good. There are also Lore and Destinations seals if you are just someone who wants to be rewarded for playing every little optional bit of content. I believe you can buy physical pins of these if you earn them in game which is pretty cool.

I kinda wanna play this now just so I can try that bow.