i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

suros regime too

That one was preannounced though so it isnā€™t as shocking.

omake:

the clip that was going around a while ago with him shrieking and audibly hitting the desk when someone said he was bad at pvp still haunts me

this expansion seems ok so far? certainly more substance than osiris

i was pleased to notice you can spend a calus token to get the new raid gear perks on pieces you picked up before these perks were added

trials/raid clan engrams not havingā€¦ trials and raid gear seems a bit mean spirited though

i finished the last mission in osiris over lunch. that boss fightā€¦ was almost coolā€¦ why was it so easyā€¦

you can dismantle stuff in the postmaster and vault now which is nice but much like a lot of things in destiny feels like it should have been done long ago??

in mhw people asked if investigations (like d1 bounties) could be sorted by different criteria to find stuff easily. it was there within two patches. maybe that feature was already in the pipeline when people asked, but things like making emotesā€¦ but not actually having the foresight to realize an emote wheel for at least d2 laun

god sorry thinking about this game just exhausts me

2 Likes

Oh shit, didnā€™t even notice! Nice catch.

whew the writing/va delivery in the new expansion could not be more tired and cliche, itā€™s impressive

zavalaā€™s dialogue at this point is like a meat-headā€™s magnetic fridge poetry set

Yeah, Ana is just ā€œplucky videogame young woman #5036ā€ and itā€™s annoying.

the second mission was kinda okay cause i was under-leveled for it and i actually sorta had to try!

that warmind exploding spear thing is pretty fun, at least for a bit. all the relics sorta do the same thing but at least the effects are nice.

the story so far has kinda retconned some pretty big things from d1??

FWIW Warmind was written by the narrative guy from Vicarious Visions so maybe Christine Thompson is on the fall expansion (and we can expect it to be generally better?)

I like the set ups in this for the fall expansion, too (the Princeā€™s ship and Savathun) but itā€™d be a bummer if itā€™s another story around an extant faction instead of the pyramid ships from the end of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

Itā€™s still, like, a basically good time. Escalation protocol is almost the repeatable casual PVE activity I want. Firefight in ODST/Reach made me feel better about wave defense than when Destiny missions ask you to hold a point while Ghost works because they had a meta task of planning for endurance with limited resources and interstitial gun pickups.

The PVP has left me behind after five months of atrophy but Iā€™m resigned to being bad at any PVP that isnā€™t Titanfall.

yeah iā€™d rather have a new faction raid instead ofā€¦ another hive/taken one

the first encounter of the new raid lair is excellent, we managed to break through even though everything is 30 levels higher

remembering that this game is pretty good, but only in very small doses

1 Like

after putting in some work to get nine people in the same instance escalation protocol is probably the most fun Iā€™ve had with this

I picked this back up after dropping off for a while, mostly because Iā€™d get to see bits I didnā€™t get to see while I was briefly working at Bungie (long story).

They actually made it faster and escalation protocol sounds fun. Maybe Iā€™ll stick with it for a while yet.

Anyone else on PC?

Iā€™m on PC, @DJ! As are @BLUE_BLACK_PURPLE and @idiot IIRC. My family group is three people but weā€™re not always on at the same time. Interested in trying to get a raid party together in the next couple of weeks.

I think my ideal Destiny replaces strikes and story missions with 100 different public events with weird loot tables. Massively multiplayer Halo firefight. The raids can close out different locations based on leveling like points of no return in RPGs.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m on PC but I havenā€™t played since before the first expansionā€¦

Ah, my bad.

i played a bunch of this over the weekend, some impressions:

the new raid lair is very cool, much better than the previous!!! i believe only a few teams have finished it - the first two encounters are 370 (but still very doable on the soft cap of 345 if your execution is tight) and the final boss where we tapped out is 380

trials seems to be dead, found it very difficult to get into a game while grinding the competitive playlist for redrixā€™s claymore is more rewarding

finishing escalation protocol with a team of nine is probably the most fun iā€™ve had with destiny since early vault of glass, iā€™m curious how difficult this is going to be with a team of three when people start hitting the level cap - the final wave of enemies are 400 light

there are good exotics besides legend of acrius now! darci melts bosses and hunters get a ā€œdodge immediately heals youā€ helm at the end of the campaign so iā€™m anticipating a youtuber pivot to their 2015 position of ā€˜nerf exoticsā€™

so far so good, doubt thereā€™s enough to hold interest until september but is there ever?

Sweet. Welp, Iā€™m on there as ā€¦ /checks ā€¦ Malloc, apparently, so look me up. Just hit 30 on a new character last night so still have some gear grinding to do but Iā€™m 340 at least which should be good for something until RNGesus blesses me with teh bettar loots.

AFAIK, youā€™ll also need to include the trailing numbers of your Blizzard/Battle.net ID because multiple people can have the same name

non-competitive playlists take forever to queue in on PS4 too, not looking good userbase-wise

Iā€™m home sick from work today and very close to buying this.