i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

yeah not reinstalling just yet but will keep an eye on how the raid lair turns out

you can titan skate again, that’s encouraging

I mean, I already bought it with the season pass because I am an idiot, so I will play around with it for a few days, but I doubt this is going to make me a D2 full timer again.

I played a bunch of 6v6 Iron Banner over the last two weeks and it felt pretty good to be back in 6v6. Will probably play those more regularly now if the sandbox patches are as good as they sound.

Otherwise, I’ll be running through the story stuff tonight but don’t think there’s anything really there to grab me.

I’m looking forward to playing this when I get it as part of a bundle with the next big expansion.

can someone notify me if they brought last word back

1 Like

i tried playing on sunday to finish the first dlc and after two missions i was nearly asleep and turned it off.

(i miss you all)

1 Like

I just bought the humble thing

yeah this bums me out too

it seems crazy to me that we’ve never done the first raid lair, even

1 Like

some time during the xmas holidays i thought i’d run the osiris campaign on alts and had the exact same experience

i’m feeling strangely optimistic about september though, besides the clashing with dragon quest thing

still free most sundays and up for downloading the original game and playing through the old raids sometime if we can get six, i get nostalgic for vault every so often

Warmind is:

• House of Wolves-like update where the main appeal is a PvP feature (ranked) and the system/sandbox improvements from the base patch, not so much the content itself
  • Imagine The Dark Below missions except on Mars and you’ve got an idea of what you’re dealing with
  • If you have a full set of weapons and armor with mods, infusing whatever random blue you pick up is the fastest way to keep raising your level quickly while not doing anything special
  • Crucible had a full set of armor and a rotating weapon you could purchase before the update, now Shaxx only allows you to redeem ranked rewards (slight downgrade)
  • The Hive now make ice/glass shattering noises when they die which is immensely satisfying
  • The final boss fight is an impressive show but might be bugged? The initial tutorial for the Valkyrie teaches you that you can charge the shot like scorch cannons to maximize damage but charging the Valkyrie makes no difference in damage dealt to the final boss, so you just spend the first half of the fight wasting ammo if you don’t realize this immediately. Most bosses are Just Bullet Sponges which is kind of disappointing.
  • Started around 313 light and am now at 339 having just finished the campaign so don’t worry if you didn’t hit level cap (335) last season. 340 is the final mission’s level (though because the boss is designed to be a set piece more than something you actually kill with your weapons, it actually reports a light level of 290 which I found amusing)
2 Likes

They burned a couple of remaining mysteries on this DLC in an unsatisfying way.

I wish escalation protocol was an activity you could select directly from the director.

i was a bit discouraged by checking in on a couple of the least offensive Content Creators and seeing they were all in leviathan which is a decent enough raid the first dozen times or eater of worlds, which isn’t

and i feel fatigue at the very idea of playing a Lifestyle Game right now

but i guess i downloaded this

Someday, the ps4 crew will get to do raid layers? right? We still haven’t.

I’m still down to do that or eventually a full run of Leviathan, though it will have to be over the weekends in the next month and a half because then I am moving and headed off to Japan for three weeks

If PC folks want a hand, my family crew (3) is probably going to be playing over the next couple of weeks between jobs. We haven’t gotten a crew together for any of the raids yet. I’ve gotten treatment for performance and general anxiety since talking about how the prospect of raids freaks me out.

1 Like

I’d still like to mess with that at some stage but finding it hard to find the time and energy and desire.

Yeah, we need 6 on ps4, and I never see 6 of us online any more, sadly.

everything is ephemeral, my panthers

1 Like

oh sleeper sim is back