i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

Unsurprisingly shitty people are attracted to a shitty game. It is pretty hilarious that this thread started and will probably continue to morph into a MonHun thread. I will bet that game is better, but holy shit am I poor (please buy the moon fields).

itā€™s not shitty so much as it isnā€™t what the bulk of the [engaged] player population wanted

probably

Destiny would be way better if you carved loot out of the bosses.

4 Likes

Kingā€™s Fall would have been the time to do it, the armor set was the closest itā€™ll get to MonHun and Golgoroth and Warpriestā€™s corpses stay in player-accessible areas

feel like thereā€™s a very vocal chunk of the community who really want destiny to be a single player game and are still invested even while bungie very clearly went the other way this time

anecdotally as something i boot up twice a week maybe for the raids and a flawless ticket iā€™m mostly happy with how it turned out but the most vocal complainers i know havenā€™t made any attempt to engage with either

which is fair enough, just, you know, maybe it isnā€™t for them

legit sympathy for anyone working on a gameservice

iā€™d honestly be a lot more angry if there werenā€™t a fancy new monster hunter around the corner that i can play on my PS4 with a controller that has some fantastic HD graphics.

destiny was serviceable but the best parts about it for me were playing with all of you.

but i dunno, the game seemed to be making some real progress by rise of iron and compared to that d2 felt like a real regression. vocal reddit users suggest that bungieā€™s plan was to half-ass the game and then sell back the improvements (like d1) and gain positive press from ā€œlistening to the communityā€, but iā€™m not so sure about that. the other side of it though is that iā€™m a bit fatigued with what seems to be becoming the ā€œdestiny cycle.ā€ I get that game development is hard, but I see smaller shops show much more hustle and be much more adventurous with their releases.

anyway, iā€™m looking forward to playing monster hunter with all of you on the play-station IV high-definition video entertainment systemā„¢ in the year of our lord tim (peace be upon him) two-thousand eighteen

1 Like

the only people worse than people who donā€™t like things I like are people who like things I donā€™t like, amirite

i mean, the game is a disappointment and bungieā€™s decisions about it are frustrating and puzzling but i feel statements like ā€˜itā€™s a garbage fireā€™ are pretty in-line with the hyperbolic stuff i am seeing in reddit and youtube comments?

Iā€™m not insulting anyone or casting aspersions on anyoneā€™s character when I say that the game has been a mess practically since day one.

Besides, your post wasnā€™t the one that inspired mine. I mainly agree with your prev.post

There is nothing to be gained by arguing more about Destiny 2 because all of the worthwhile arguments have already been had, and the ones that are left are about boring things like microtransactions and Bungie being sub-par at QA.

hi buddy (I am too exhausted and miserable to respond to this)

youā€™re honestly nowhere near the most vocal

lets just purge this thread and have a monhun one or something

yeah i do kind of honestly feel like thereā€™s nothing left to talk about re: destiny at this point, least for a while

see you there

https://selectbutton.net/t/for-true-doom-monhun-heads/?source_topic_id=4975

Still hoping we can get a ps4 group to run the raid lair at some point. I miss you peoples.

2 Likes

so down.

1 Like

Iā€™d be up for the raid layer (this would be a good name for a shmup), but I havenā€™t even managed to finish the Osiris story missions yet.

i know this is very optimistic but i could check that raid lair out on thursday

I possibly could as well? I would be down for trying.

depending on what time youā€™re thinking I could definitely do an old fashioned ā€œprobably definitely at least 85% sureā€ commitment.

1 Like

i think i could rope sonford in, and maybe foogle if we had a sixth