i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

I have too much of a headache to understand any of the words on this page right now, I will sleep on it and offer my verdict tomorrow

I did like being able to buy shit from factions again

Dattoā€™s video is a pretty reasonable take on it.

One thing Iā€™m unsure about is the dilution of the loot economy. Yes, they gave me random access weapons/armor at vendors which is what I wanted, but the flip side to that is that if you can buy arbitrary weapons from vendors, the lack of random rolls means there isnā€™t even the potential to be excited by a random loot drop anymore (aside from masterworks which are kinda heh).

Itā€™s still unclear if all items will be purchasable with tokens and shards, because screenshots seem to show season 1 items being sold only. Not sure if thatā€™s how itā€™ll be in-game or just how it was composited for this blog post. Having last seasonā€™s items be purchasable is not a horrible idea as it allows for people to get a baseline of usable weapons without relying entirely on RNG while not completely obsoleting the loot system in the process and giving people new shinies to chase after.

utterly fatigued with youtubes and blog posts about loot economies and singleplayer grinds but happy ranked pvp is coming

3 Likes

listened to the Bungie Podcast on the way to work and they were ā€œI played casual on the PC for a month and Iā€™m almost 300 power already, so maybe we made getting power too easy in this gameā€

thatā€™s not the actual problem though

1 Like

1 Like

I mean, I can see how they would think that though.

Apologies if this comes off as condescending but this is maybe the weirdest videogame thread Iā€™ve ever read. Kinda reminds me of when I tried to read peopleā€™s responses to Diablo 3 and it was a big impenetrable argument about auctions and [loot]

5 Likes

MMO-like games are largely about managing loops of goals and rewards over dozens of hours ā€“ itā€™s extremely difficult to keep players engaged past hour 100 in non-competitive games and as such the genres have turned to discussions of social structure and these longform reward cycles.

i agree with both of the above posts

is there a way to do pve stuff in this game with 4 players that isnā€™t the raid? I have a group of 3 plus me that Iā€™d like to play with but Iā€™ve heard some things

Unless you want to tryhard the raid, PvE activities in this game are 3P or 6P only

memories

5 Likes

i think i have a full video of us running vog and crota back to back somewhere

found our skolas kill!

you can even hear dinklage in there

edit: and hereā€™s three minutes of me walking around the lighthouse on the first week of trials in d1 (only time i got there) for those who have not seen it:

holy heck! that skolas kill was potentially the most difficult and trying thing iā€™ve ever gone through in a video game.

and oh goodness, Iā€™ll never forgive myself for not affording that ā€œstart with a winā€ boonā€¦ Iā€™ve actually never looked at footage of the lighthouse out of spite, itā€™s far more intricate than I imagined!

on a side note: the DLC has been live for like 12 minutes and Iā€™m already tempted.

I will probably get the DLC this weekend, or possibly as early as tomorrow if I have any time for it.

not too interested in the DLC, but i paid for it (foolishly!) so i will probably get around to checking it out soon, at least before monster hunter releases proper and i completely forget about this game.

i still remember this, and i still feel awful about it. we had such a breezy time till that last team that last team of pvp gods. week one trials was another world.

that skolas fight was brutal. felt so incredible when we beat him though, defo one of my fav destiny and even video game memories!

the time i ran skolas with count and t for four hours or something was a real bonding experience

seeing that acknowledged in the little montage at the start of d2 made me smile

also the couple of seconds of the raid lair footage in that launch trailer look interesting andā€¦ totally unlike the rest of the leviathan?

2 Likes