i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

interesting.

interesting (this is supposedly double what it was before).

Successive events strengthen my opinion that this was a mistaken old piece of systems cruft; they didnā€™t need or want it and so removed it quickly but the true target of ā€˜time to levelā€™ was distorted by its removal so they rebalanced to achieve the same result they had been getting (or get closer to the intended result).

A system like this was probably needed to solve one problem a year ago, was completed, and then forgotten about until this blew up.

If Iā€™m wrong itā€™s because Iā€™m projecting my own sloppiness to someone in another company who has my job, but personally this would be one of 500 things I care about and easily lost.

Yeah, just unfortunately not a good look for them at the moment.

oi is it worth waiting til just before reset (and your power level possibly increasing due to better gear) to get those powerful engrams? i keep overshooting the reset due to time zone confusion an completely missing them, and everything i have is at least 265 now anyway

The likelihood of you getting gear higher than 265 from means other than milestones is already so low that delaying them until later has no significant impact on how quickly you will power up

Later in the week you may get clan engrams if youā€™re member of a clan, but whether you get them early or late in the week, the end result should be pretty similar

cool, thanks

at this point iā€™m doing the weapon quests so probably its best to pump up my stats as much as possible before i get the guns?

if youā€™re super into having 305 a week or so earlier than you would otherwise yeah, but you can just take all of your powerful engrams etc. now, at 260+ you can comfortably do everything besides the prestige difficulty stuff anyway

cool! tbh unless i get playstation plus and really coordinate with yā€™all iā€™m probably about out of playable content anyway lol

If you want to do that though, esk, we would be glad to have you. The PS4 clan hasnā€™t bene as active since some of our more active memebers left for PC Land, so new people would be appreciated.

itā€™s just tricky coz time zones and the fact itā€™s my housemateā€™s ps4/tv and iā€™m just playing when theyā€™re not around mean that opportunities are probably few

Fair enough. If you ever get interested though, let us all know.

1 Like

lots of us are real flexible on timezones! though tbh iā€™m pretty curious what the ps4 pmod population is gonna look like when the expansion drops. i hope we havenā€™t lost too many to pc for goodā€¦

Iā€™ll likely skip at least the first expansion, I got a pretty long run out of the base game and donā€™t want to go back yet

depends how bad it is

oh

is this the wrong thread, is there another one for people who want to play destiny

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry, dogg, I am there with you. I mean, I canā€™t make a lot of guarantees on my time what with my personal life, but I will be on that expansion.

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling disappointed in myself over how little desire I have to return for the expansion, mainly due to monetary constraints right now, but also some general lethargy with the game. Honestly canā€™t believe it comes out in a weekā€™s timeā€¦ I feel such a brazen indifference in comparison to how Iā€™d feel about a Destiny 1 expansion releasing, but I canā€™t quite remember why I felt so excited back then?

Yeah, Iā€™m there with you. Iā€™m not trying to be another negative voice but for reasons Iā€™ve discussed in this thread to exhaustion Iā€™m not getting the same buzz from d2 that d1 gave me. Pretty bored of the weapons and weapon system they went with. Even the most potent weapons donā€™t really excite me in any way so many d1 guns did. Thatā€™s what it really comes down to for me.

Iā€™m starting to feel more and more that my attitude stems from a disappointment about what Destiny 2ā€™s world is, and how it feels somewhat diminished in comparison to the ever branching potential that the D1 release and expansion format entailed (and promised and rolled back on). I spoke a bit about this when they announced that characters/items arenā€™t rolling forward, but I think at that moment the potential for this kind of expansive joy, of them building a world and tacking on new parts and trying new things, disappeared for me, and it now feels like the expansion route is a lot more measured and weak. I could hang out in D1ā€™s enviornments for hours doing bounties, not due to the infinite possibilities of rolls, but because of the sense of the infinite possibility in its universe, and in D2 I do not feel that at all.

1 Like

I donā€™t wanna just throw negativity in here though! I genuinely hope that whatever announcements and etc. that come out this week will lead to me impulse buying the expansion 7 days from now.