Destiny (2) 3.4: ...And The Horse With No Name You Rode In On

Definitely seems like the time to start for the next stretch. All aboard!

Notes
  • More CG cutscenes I was not expecting – Drifter, Eris, and Elsie fighting
  • No explicit raid teasing except for b roll with six guardians at 3:14
  • “Boy she has a lot to say and she has a lot of time to explain.” Okay, Luke, settle down.
  • Bray was “pushing the limits of technology and innnovation” lol that’s one way to say it
  • Eramis shatters a Servitor with stasis – slay queen
  • Character screen says “select darkness subclasses” and they linger over it just long enough to tease.
  • No Time To Explain is a 340 RPM pulse so it’s going to be surprisingly viable in PvP
  • The Lament chainsaw sword exotic takes down a Barrier shield in one go so it is 100% the raid exotic with a 5% drop rate
  • Shaw Han is wearing ahamkara bones (ontomorphic predator that posthumously whispers madness to you) so there might be more to him
  • Seasonal storyline: Xivu Arath is raising an army, Osiris is in trouble, blah blah blah
  • ULDREN
1 Like

i want to play this maybe. i will be on PC if i do!!

2 Likes

Are all the old raids already gone or is that happening on the launch of the expac? I never was able to get a group to do those.

Just the ones on Leviathan. So Last Wish and Garden are still around.

1 Like

And Crown and Scourge!

If anyone wants to do old ones sound off

i forget Scourge is even a raid with how many times we have done it.

I was counting Crown as a Leviathan one, with Eater.

1 Like

Ahhh true

yeah that part of the trailer especially ruled

kinda wanna buzz around the remastered cosmodrome too

are most here playing on PC now?

most nights of the week
it’s my entire social life atm

2 Likes

Picked this up on xbox. Excited to try from a fresh slate for the first time in over 2 years

I also got this, but on the PC. Hopeful that this is a good reset for Destiny. I found Shadowkeep to be a real low point, but a sort of new slate seems like a good way to address some of my complaints during that expansion.

1 Like

It’s appropriate that they fixed HDR black point with Beyond Light I guess

1 Like

I am playing this and having fun. My warlock spoke with an exo voice in the first cutscene and, and later an enemy referred to me as “machine-spawn” so that’s an amusing bug.

i’m taking it slow but so far all the boss fights have been great, they’re actually moderately challenging! i hear stasis/darkness powers are a mess in PvP, but aside from that the warlock one at least rules pretty hard. conjure a staff, shoot magic at dudes to freeze/prime them, and then raise my staff in the air that sends out a pulse-wave that shatters them

anyway yah it’s fun to be back for now, we’ll see how long my enthusiasm lasts!

ok this thread might be me posting alone now

but the new raid rules

you fucking go to a space station in one encounter, it crashes and you climb out the wreckage to fight a fucking giant shank centaur

1 Like

Still doing story content on xbox, it’s nice to be back but I wonder if I should just go back to PC at some point

They’re really playing the hits.

New exotic

4 Likes

Beyond Light is definitely the most quintessentially “Bungie” it has ever been. The new raid puts into relief how many Marathon and Halo setpieces Destiny hadn’t yet put its spin on. Like Last Wish it nails the feeling of being somewhere you shouldn’t, doing something you shouldn’t, and winging it when you get in too deep.

This music is sick

1 Like