depression games

there was this awesome free mobile train game that i got OBSESSED with for a while. like it was all about getting product to the right place and youd travel ALL OVER THE WORLD which was connected by rails

OH IT WAS CALLED TINY RAILS and it wasnt made by the tiny tower people

but like every car had stats and you had to balance your car stats for the passengers on your train and the jobs you’re trying to do (do you want lots of cargo or entertainment for your riders etc). some of the cars had ridiculous gimmicks and the art was super charming. i had pages of notes about who needed what materials! i was ENGROSSED IN THE STORY of smuggling stuff all over the world with your shipping company while competing with a really wealthy company who wants to privatize everything

one time i got a US border patrol ad in game and i was like UUHHHHH THIS SEEMS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE GAME IS TELLING ME and i contacted the developers, who were also angry! the ad was gone in a day!

anyway my save file got randomly deleted in some kind of unfixable bug and even though i gave them my game ID they were unable to restore the save of a game i was trying to 100 percent complete (i like completion when a game is MY FAVORITE) for months

thinking about tiny rails makes me really depressed

7 Likes

This does look cute! It looks like they removed the f2p stuff and put it on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/614630/Tiny_Rails/

that probably won’t make you less depressed though sorry

1 Like

well i mean its a cool game and the ads being out of it will make it even better so i hope someone else can play

GOD ACTUALLY NO THIS RULES i kinda wanna play again

1 Like

Wind Waker is the best depression game I’ve found, I think because it’s secretly super dark but the tone is so fluffy and reassuring.

…but actually I just crash Stone Soup characters and feel bad about it.

1 Like

I reach for original Super Mario Bros when I’m feeling particularly down (maybe more when I’m anxious than when I’m depressed actually). Or I overindulge in something like Tetris. Old, familiar games that I actively love but can play almost passively.

oh man, been a while since i Stone Soup’t

lately CoQ has put me back into full roguelike mood

I just picked it up for the first time since…0.11? and it’s a totally different, very fun game. Much zippier, less “dungeoneering” and more combat decisions.

melty blood

4 Likes