Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Nocturne’s Albion is pretty convoluted for a boss who pops up out of nowhere, but the summary is basically that he’s a reference to two giants: the Cerne Abbas nudist and William Blake’s Albion.

“The ruler of ancient Britain. He is the first giant of Britain. It is said that he was born from Amphritite, the wife of Poseidon.” (Nocturne profile)

So think of his words as those of a booming giant, playful but also forceful.

“Line up the fleet” when he summons the zoas might be a reference to the most notable things about Britain, which is that there were (are?) boats there. It’d be interesting to know what it was in the original Japanese.

1 Like

i honestly have always found chiaki pretty attractive as a demon so good screenshot choice there

2 Likes

I am still curious to know what this is.

I used to like playing this in the arcade.

But I spent a lot more time playing Time Soldiers.

And Altered Beast.

I watched Narc more than I played it, but I never noticed that Mr. Big’s sunglasses don’t rest on his ears.

Forza 6(?) apparently used Microsoft hallway shots to fill out their crowds

And they palette swapped people’s shirts?!

I like this very much.

Now that I know what to search for, I like this one, too. (source)

Apparently, the people in Forza Horizon 2 look normal when close up but have simpler models when you zoom in from a distance. (source)

(I have never played Forza anything.)

2 Likes

it’s a shameful delight how bad automated low-poly-fiers are. Like, seriously

6 Likes

5 Likes

[quote=“wourme, post:91, topic:506, full:true”]
Now that I know what to search for, I like this one, too. (source)[/quote]

:waynestare::doomdie:

Like an excited shrug.

6 Likes

The Last Guardian

Maybe minor location spoiler.

1 Like

2 Likes

4 from DayZ plus
1 from Rust when my house was broken into (slightly NSFW)

There is a story behind the last shot. I wanted to make a private Rust server with my friend so she and I could play together and not have to worry about anyone doing terrible things to us: that way we could just do terrible things to each other. So I made the server and got on before her making a home. Turns out I did not know how to make a server private.

2 Likes

Is the aspect ratio wonky here?

possibly, I was using the widescreen hack but pcsx2 screenshots seem stuck at 4:3

Somehow I never knew this thread existed until @nickperson mentioned it in discord

6 Likes

what if PUBG had the graphics of Soda Drinker Pro