Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Are you going to post (or blog) more thoughts about it? I’m extremely curious.

my post about it is already on my patreon, it’ll be on the blog later today!

1 Like

Fuckin’ A these are some nice shots

2 Likes

sword and fairy 6 blog post is up, for interested parties

8 Likes

Damn, you put it over hard. Def picking it up!

1 Like

Hmm, you got me interested in this now. This is just on Steam, right?

I bought it on pS4 and it’s nearly unplayable during battles but I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen so far.

i have it on ps4

Arrrghh okay I bought it as well.

I recall a friend of mine in Shanghai was hunting down the older games in the series and was obsessively playing through them all because she had fond memories of playing them as a child. Has anyone played those, and are any of them translated?

25 Likes

15 Likes

video games are kind of poison.

8 Likes

Your shader choices are hot

A couple of Dark Souls 2 Boss updates

Ruined Sentinel

You start out up on a ledge

There are actually 3 of these things. If you wait too long, the others will jump up here.

They are pretty tall and the way they look makes me feel like they are aliens

This one is happy for me

This can be a tough fight, if you don’t take them down one by one.

That’s up where you drop in

3 Likes

The Last Giant

I hired some NPC help for this one. Because I’m lazy.

He’s got an intro cinematic

He’s quite tall

When he gets low enough in health, he decides its clobberin’ time and rips his own arm off. To use as a club.

I guess I’m out of the frame

You can get a good look here, at some of the stuff impaling his body

Beard Souls

5 Likes

I might have lost my screenshots of Belfry Gargoyles.

Thanks to Recuva, I was able to recover some of my gargoyle pics. That program has saved me many times over the years.

Hired help again

I dunno how many there are total in this fight. But it felt like 5.

Wait, lemme get ready first.

Pretty good shot for some texture details

gettin crowded

They can breathe fire

Double hitter

2 Likes

Thankee sai, been going warm dither and not so fuzzy. Still can’t get windowed fullscreen to do anything differently, so 7x windowed is good enough and the largest where shaders still appear “properly”.

Also kinda flirting more with SABR, I usually stick with nearest texture filtering but the cinematics in this tend to get up close and look more painterly with it, so…not bad! Probably post some comparison shots later on.

20 Likes

The bad translation and wonky animations (and slow voice acted cutscenes you can’t lineskip through) wouldn’t be dealbreakers but aye yi yi yeah this framerate is psychotic. I had to laugh at the chutzpah of the first sidequest involving some extremely janky MMO style jumping physics to get on top of a flagpole to increase my rep with the beggars faction.

The first boss really took a while, I used an insane amount of healing items. That coupled with me not even getting close to the time based battle conditions make me wonder what i’m doing wrong. It just takes forever to do anything due to the framerate to begin with, switching characters, roles, etc. Very odd game but I can see some charm.