Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

the frog for whom the beel tolls shots from before i was paying attention itt.

7 Likes

at this point in dq5 i realized henri had on only chain mail, a leather loincloth and a whip.

5 Likes

google translate vs Initial D for ps3

4 Likes

I’m gonna try to feature most of the Dark Souls 2 bosses, on my laptop playthrough. I may not do as many pics for each one. But, The Pursuer is a badass. So he gets a few pics.

This is the first encounter, where he is carried in by what looks like an oversized Golden Eagle.

2 Likes

Flexile Sentry

I took a holy shit, before the fog gate. Also, I think my hanging rag there may be floating on the water?!

He’s a two headed, two torsoed, 4 armed frog-man.

Lightning carries in water, for some extra AOE damage.

He can impale you and then slam you

Punching him, almost dead

Cool lighting down here (its below deck on a ship).

3 Likes

Ok next boss I did was The Lost Sinner.

This post is a little more expositional. Becuase the lead up to this boss, is pretty rad.

You go down into a very flooded dungeon. Where a torch is needed to appreciably see anything.

and then you exit the dungeon area, to reveal the walk up to the boss door…

so cool

There’s a sconce here. So lets light that with our torch.

What a place

This boss had a little intro cinematic

This bug thing crawled into his eye socket and seemed to animate this body. The bug thing kinda reminds me of the true last boss of Demon’s Souls

His hands are blocked. But my man can still hold a great sword

Then he swings that great sword and the whoosh from it, kills the lighting.

This fight is near completely dark. So, I didn’t take many shots.

Here I tried to complete a Faith healing spell, so there’s a little holy light, from that. You can see those bound hands can still work that sword!

and then I did a suicide run with a torch, to try and get a couple of lit shots. I didn’t last long, so it really was just a few shots, total.

There are chains hanging from the ceiling and some strewn on the floor. and some burnt out chandelier things.

3 Likes

IIRC if you bring a torch to the rooms at the top of the stairs in this shot

you can light some torches and then you’ll have partial light in the room during the boss fight. Only learnt of that way after my own playthrough when going through guides because it’s really not too obvious.

1 Like

I don’t have the key yet, for those doors!

*Also, I forgot a lot about this game!

2 Likes

dark souls 2 is so underrated

6 Likes

i have floated this wet fart before but if none of the other souls games existed dark souls 2 would absolutely be everyone’s favorite video game of all time but instead it is now a think piece short hand for like the corrupting influence of a misguided multiplayerbase or iterative multi-yearly development B teams or disconjointed underbaked overworld coherence and related struggles and i am honestly surprised there hasn’t been some streamer charge to reclaim it actually i guess that doesn’t track there are no contrarian aesthete streamers that’s not a thi…

5 Likes

excuse me just because I haven’t streamed in a year

2 Likes

I beat Splatterhouse (PCE) in the kitchen!

12 Likes

2 Likes

I have forgotten a lot about this game. As I’m replaying it, I’m feeling the above sentiments. Especially now that I’m years removed from the graphics downgrades and marketing bait and switch. I love this series and that hurt me back then. SoTFS is a new coat of paint and I really like it. I had played a bit of it, when it released. But I didn’t finish SoTFS. And I haven’t ever done the DLC.

There are indeed a couple of lame areas. but I’ve also been through several good ones. Dark Souls 1 certainly had a few lame areas. Also, Dark Souls 2’s areas generally feel more intricate, if not larger.

And Dark Souls 1 gets all the credit for its interconnected world. Except, only about half of it is interconnected! The rest of it is linear spurs. Dark Souls 2 has plenty of connections. Indeed, they don’t feel as woven. But the game does have a sort of adventurous feel with many of the places and the lore. And I even think the slicker/brighter graphics in SoTFS lend to it feeling more adventurous.

And otherwise, NPCs are as good as anything in the series. Lore seems great to me. SoTFS edition added a whole bunch of NPC invaders. Mixed up enemies in many areas (I think for the better). I hear the DLC is pretty great (never played it. Will do, this time.). And on New Game pluses, extra/new enemy types are added to areas and even boss fights. Some other additions, too.

Yeah, this is a great game.

5 Likes

dark souls 2 is less linear than 1 despite being less interconnected or whatever

I also feel like it has stronger atmosphere in many ways. yes, it’s annoying how the level connections make no spatial geographic sense but that also adds to the sense of unrealism that is also kind of central to its plot. it has this kind of bizarre pseudo-worldliness to it that reminds me of old sort-of-open-world NES games like rygar or castlevania 2

7 Likes

Clipboard01

3 Likes

I played katamari in Japanese, when we were sure it would never get localized. It was just impenetrable and magical and on some level I cannot deal with seeing it in English.

6 Likes

Just curious, have they patched Sword and Fairy 6 yet? Are you playing on a PRO? I saw some footage on a standard PS4 and it looked amazing but the frame rate took a huge hit during battles.

nope! it feels like it’s going to fall apart at any time. but i love the characters enough to persevere

There’s been a ton of good Vagrant Story shots way back in thread, but here’s a few as I started to get settings/shaders to a satisfying point. I might give them one more pass to bring crt halfway to @alteredfish’s

Tried to run with SABR and nah. Also what you doing Assly Spyit

12 Likes