Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Neon Genesis Evangelion 64 is extremely good as is this filter.

11 Likes

No, it can’t be, because Retronauts said all the eva games were on the Saturn and were bad visual novels that they never played but know are bad and Saturn emulation is too tough to even bother with and…

3 Likes

You would have to be an extreme dorkus that had only looked at screenshots (Which Rule) to think this game sucked.

Evangelion 2nd Impression on the Saturn is also cool as heck telling of the story with anime cutscenes and timed choices.

Then there is whatever the hell Detective Evangelion 2 is.

1 Like

Every screenshot I have ever seen of the n64 one made me think “man, as a game, who knows what that is, but hell yeah I would play it.”

1 Like

20190109221656_1

good superhero name

2 Likes

capcum

8 Likes

image image image image

11 Likes

Do you have a backlit GB or is that an emulator?

1 Like

It’s retroarch with a cool filter that replicates the gameboy look quite well. The screenshots are confusing because I took a photo of my monitor with my phone camera.

6 Likes

I honestly thought those were actual photos of a brick gameboy with some kind of fancy modded screen

7 Likes

emulator shaders are a beautiful thing

7 Likes

Well, I’ve become pretty addicted to Subnautica.

6 Likes

Oh man I thought the angle might actually be part of the filter

2 Likes

is it modern aquanaut’s holiday?

1 Like

I’ve never played it but from what I know yeah, kinda contains that like a facet of the whole experience. All the survival crafting and progressively further swim trips can make the main gameplay loop come off like a lot of busy work which is not bad, just a lot more to manage the further you dive.

I found the survival loops to have the same effect as alchemy systems – spending too much time looking for Game Mechanic, prevents me from looking the way the minimalist ocean games do

1 Like

Oh yes. I love Subnautica but haven’t played since the PS4 launch because I still haven’t been able to choose between normal mode and no survival elements modes

On one hand I dislike the survival elements (gathering resources is never interesting, gauges go down too fast) on the other hand they are integral to the experience to be removed without losing too much in return (no urgency, no need to stay close to the base or learn the geography of the world, multiple items are now worthless, etc)

Found some wonderful broken 3D photoscan things of a museum in vrchat.

13 Likes

4 Likes

yes that is ddr in counter strike source

13 Likes