Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Avalanche is still one of my favourite big studios, I just feel like they pushed this one out too soon after the last

In fairness, I didn’t think nearly enough people played the last one so trying to get more mileage out of it isn’t a bad thing

1 Like

Sure am glad a bunch of irrational dweebs issued death threats at random Insomniac developers so I could take these piss filter screenshots with the ol’ Ribbed For Her Pleasure Raimi suit. Worth all that anxiety and agony inflicted, I’m sure!

gamers are the worst y’all

4 Likes

Library of Blabber

2 Likes

NARE01-18 NARE01-17 NARE01-19

i lost my map and couldn’t find my way back to north clock town after finding the fairy fragment and then the graphics got all glitchy as fuck near a statue. :\

3 Likes

soul hackers has a compatibility test that determines which of the cast of characters (playable or not) you’re most compatible with.

i got madame ginko.
sh_loveclub_01 sh_loveclub_02 sh_loveclub_03 sh_loveclub_04

sh_yellowmon
love this alternate reality where sony made walkman monitors.

sh_jaakunicholson
evil jack nicholson (jaaku nicholson?)

sh_painass1 sh_painass2
the internet

sh_if
this kid is wearing the school uniform from shin megami tensei if…

5 Likes
2 Likes

Well, that was a fun game. Til the next one, I guess.

1 Like

The joie de vivre of home decorating…
I didn’t know this feeling until this very moment.

12 Likes

ben drowned

2 Likes

GHOST IN THE ROM

sh_05 sh_03 sh_06 sh_04 sh_07 sh_01
sh_02

3 Likes

Those proportions seem much stranger on large statuary.

2 Likes

Ubisoft makin’ their case for assassin Nendoroids.

The heck is this?

Assassin’s Creed: Rebellion. It’s definitely a AAA mobile tie-in (timesink or money pit? The choice is yours, player!)

I actually thought the dumb send people on missions subgame was one of the most fun parts of the last ACs I played and, yeah, I mostly play mobile games now why do you ask

Pretty sure the bulk of any given play through of Brotherhood and Revelations for me is chilling out by the pigeon coop, waiting for my assassins to report back and send them out.

Especially in Revelations, where you need to get a recruit to level up to Master Assassin and assign them to a given district in order to keep from having to play that game’s really bad tower defense minigame.

This phrase is doing things to my heart, lungs and colon

I’ve only played through them, uh, twice.

I just really like walking around Constantinople :frowning:

1 Like

There’s gotta be some niche for that kind of virtual historical tourism. While obviously not economically feasible alone something like that education mode from Origins might be a solution? Still wanna check that out at some point. The Uncharteds could have used something like that, too - walking (and climbing! might as well give me possibilities for spacial exploration that I can’t do in real life) around Cartagena and Sana’a where by far the best part of Uncharted 3.

Origins was genuinely pretty fascinating to walk around on its own - the guided stuff was a fun, well put-together reason to do it some more.

It’s also why Odyssey bums me out just a bit. Origins makes Egyptian culture so integrated into every aspect of its world. There were tons of little bespoke animations, depending on who was where. People harvesting honey, pulling birds out of nests and snapping their necks (?!), doing funerary rites. The works.

Odyssey just has people through Zeus’s name around a bit with people walking around in togas and kinda calls it a day.

But yeah, I wish more games would let you kinda casually walk through their environments. Naughty Dog’s games have those really good looking levels that you gotta fill with corpses before you can really play around with photo mode.

1 Like