Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Yes jit definitely is.
but I only realized it exists 100+ hours into the game

1 Like

this is so sad : (

I hope I never put text on a Switch screenshot ever again, I just needed to own up to this sin.

10 Likes

i guess this is how iā€™m going to play gameboy games from now

14 Likes

Is that running through an emulated Super Game Boy?

yeah

Wow, is that one of the original built-in frames from the Super Gameboy? Itā€™s gorgeous!

2 Likes

The super gameboy rocks. I have two and want a third because I have an addiction to itā€™s weird charms.

3 Likes

mr2_cdi

it likes to battle, it dislikes the most expensive food, and it has a CD in its eye (CD-I!). radical.

2 Likes

Nature: Worst

5 Likes

Most Suezos have a bad nature. It can be changed.

Screenshots of Below are going to be weird because every frame is extremely intentional. I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m participating in creating any of this, itā€™s all Kris

the grass is much better than it was

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I was under the impression that Below was one of those rogue-like random generation games?

It is, but the nature of the art assets and the level of randomness allowed in the rooms, as well as the interspersed locked-down rooms makes me think itā€™s highly controlled. The random rooms are likely following the predefined layouts + randomized elements model, which also helps them control compositions.

Yeah, Below is merely semi-random, the general layouts of each level and each room are kept on a tight leash, at least for the first six levels.

betterthan fuckoffkenta

monkeypunch_98seconds

monkeypuncherb
This old creeper just shows up at this 8-year-oldā€™s apartment talking about being her dadā€™s rival and punching his monkey in college. Then he gives her a monkey named after himself.

freddyisgarbage
This monkey is a piece of garbage. This is after I fed it curry and a banana. How many monkeys get curry and a banana?

monkeycorn
Now no monkeys get curry and a banana. Shitty monkeys get corn from the midwestern United States.

Finally, somehow, I got this menu:
Monkey%20Puncher%20(E)%20%5BC%5D%5B!%5D-63
Shopping takes me to this menu:
Monkey%20Puncher%20(E)%20%5BC%5D%5B!%5D-64
Speaking words of wisdom, let it buy.

Monkey%20Puncher%20(E)%20%5BC%5D%5B!%5D-65
Apparently, I can tell the monkey what to buy, or just let the monkey do its thing. I donā€™t know why Iā€™d ever leave it up to the piece of shit monkey.
monkeypunch_goddammit
monkeypunched

13 Likes

oh, so that game is actually calledā€¦Monkey Puncher.

Well that makes sense

monkeypuncintro
apparently it was only released in english in europe. i guess americans werenā€™t ready to punch monkey.

3 Likes

I appreciate that for a massive game that most people will just fly over and never really explore, the Just Cause 4 team put in dumb little Easter eggs like this.

2 Likes
2 Likes