Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

A few from tonight.

Just gonna add some more. Some day I’ll break out of the “character focused on the right third” screenshot habit.

4 Likes

From what game is this one?

Detention

1 Like

Finally dawned on me that the USB hub I’m using to transfer screenshots is a crummy old 2.0 piece of junk, so I’m slowly (but much more quickly!) backing up my screenshots with a new hub.

Anyway, here’s some of 'em.

Also my only good MGSV screenshot

12 Likes

L.A. Noire.

5 Likes

15 Likes

I’m stuck in a hotel for a week and handling it with dignity and grace.

15 Likes

un-31 un-32
un-33 un-34 un-35

13 Likes

fitting considering he has none to speak of.

2 Likes

Hanabi Fantast

18 Likes

Ah this game is much better if you can’t speak Japanese! The intro is so depressing I shut it off immediately.

1 Like

My origin story

2 Likes

7 Likes

Trying to play that really drove home for me how much I prefer the aesthetic and pace of frontier

I actually kinda like the little manga Spider-Man skin you get for 100%ing the new DLC.

4 Likes

yeah it’s a pretty major regression from rs2 i reckon
this is the first time i’ve played more than an hour or two and i’m finding the 2001 translation and all the reused ff6/ct spritework and sound really quaint

5 Likes

10 Likes

2 Likes

The guy in the Quintet office in that town worrying about sale figures reads a bit more tragic than they intended…

2 Likes

Has it ever really been gathered, the way they went out? Just appears they didn’t have much in terms of major title success, with no active project momentum by the 00’s. And then the eventual site closure.

Lots of workers in there talk the constant crunch:

45%20AM

And “I wonder what I’ll do with two whole days off…maybe work?”

Neotokio’s where I got to ages back. Coming up recently, had to ask myself “why the hell haven’t I finished TN, or played more Quintet for that matter?” So I gritted my teeth about to restart for like a third time (or use a file online), but found my save and just knocked it out.

Soulblazer next, then replaying ActRaiser 1/2 maybe sample Granstream, Robotrek, etc.

Collecting my thoughts more for that time (cuz I really would like to constrast the “triplets”) I’ll say this: Terranigma’s great when stroking those same ideas and themes that IoG did, arguably on a broader level via the cycles exploration and that incredibly poignant ending. But its characterization/dialogue seemed subpar (among peers, also might’ve been the localization in general) while combat and the rpg/equipment aspects aren’t fully realized into anything worthwhile.

It is a very special game though.

8 Likes