Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Can’t wait to see Alexander O. Smith’s version of this

7 Likes

Why Diablo font game

1 Like

A game with the guts to call itself Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen can pull off that font

7 Likes

10 Likes

But you didn’t even reckon once!

1 Like

Ack

5 Likes

3 Likes

is that an mdickie game?

1 Like

45-11-29
This guy in Devil Summoner is named “Coopersmith”, which might sound familiar to people who were there for the Evilspeak stream a long while back (Evilspeak being the movie that inspired the “summoning demons via a computer” concept found in the DDS books). Not sure who told him a cowboy hat and ascot in Chargers colors looked good, but, it’s pretty garish!

2 Likes

Is Evilspeak good/cool/worth it? I’ve hovered over that movie a few times recently but haven’t dove in

1 Like

It’s trash, and it takes a bit of time to really get into the cool digital devil shit, but once it does, it’s pretty wicked. If you remove all of the demon summoning and computers and shit, you basically just have a genderswapped attempt at cashing in on Carrie. It might be kind of a drag to watch sober.

But it stars Clint Howard as our hero, and the redhead girl’s dad from That 70s Show, who looks like an unsettling fusion of George W. Bush and the Mad Magazine mascot. It tripped me out the entire movie every time I saw it.

spine

Gosh! I… I suppose I could perform a black mass ritual to summon a demon lord to solve my earthly problems.

8 Likes

If that doesn’t sound rad to you, then you can probably pass on this.

2 Likes

Radical!

Buncha No Man’s Sky shots from a year ago. Apparently the two weeks where I played it fell into a build where the PS4 version had no clouds or atmosphere effects. The last screenshot is from yesterday, where after the updates I found my ship had no wings anymore (but gained some hideous detailing).

10 Likes

Many adventures with demon ride, oh

But you better look BOTH ways

Chernobog has the best face.

14 Likes

Majin Tensei has my favorite title screen + name entry screen.
0)013 majten_name

新/神/真・DIGITAL DEVIL STORY
shindds_intro

10 Likes

sweet

Carl Benz should have been a boss in those games.
Well, maybe not a boss exactly because that would make a vaguely pro-traditionalist position and I don’t really remember the story? I just want more games set around the turn of the century dammit

1 Like

[not actually my screenshot but too good not to post]

3 Likes