Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

This got me wanting to play Kuzunoha Raidou.

By the way, Raidou’s design was rehashed from a Kadokawa phone card Kaneko drew back in 2000. I love the “13” pin on his collar (also kind of interesting, related to the pin, is that the protagonist is the 14th person to bear the name or title Kuzunoha Raidou), which in turn is a rehash of Yasunori Kato from Teito Monogatari (M. Bison is also another character biting Kato’s style).

Left is Kadokawa phone card, right is Raidou’s final design:

Also, if you have Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, the bonus disc has an interview with Okada and Kaneko, and they mention working on (or planning, it’s been forever since I’ve seen the interview) a game set in or around this time period. Cool to see them mention the game six or seven years before the game came out, and then to also see Kaneko came up with the design at the around the same time but for something unrelated.

Some screenshots so this post remains on-topic.

10 Likes

Paladin's%20Quest%20(U)%20%5B!%5D017Paladin's%20Quest%20(U)%20%5B!%5D018Paladin's%20Quest%20(U)%20%5B!%5D019

Paladin's%20Quest%20(U)%20%5B!%5D013
I’m sorry, what have I just obtained?

Secret%20of%20the%20Stars%20(U)013Secret%20of%20the%20Stars%20(U)015
It beat me.

Secret%20of%20the%20Stars%20(U)044Secret%20of%20the%20Stars%20(U)045

Secret%20of%20the%20Stars%20(U)049
“Homncruse”? The fuck? (Apparently, it should’ve been “Homunculus”. :coffin: ).

Secret%20of%20the%20Stars%20(U)050
I just got wrecked by a cat, I’m not sure I’m fit for taking on alien demon gods that chill out in volcanoes while having a laugh. :pray::japanese_ogre::volcano:

11 Likes

The ds was invented so you can see Katsuya Terada art at all times, even during Inference Time

8 Likes

10 Likes

don’t care about “”“loot”"" i just want to collect all of the cat and dog friends

6 Likes

I feel deep shame for not exclusively using the Dual Puppy stand.

Also PC modders should have had the scrappy doo “puppy power” exclamation sound fx in there for the living weapon activation day 1.

i’m nearly at the end of ys origin

11 Likes

Back to 4:3!

Under bridges, I always expect to find a @HOBO spitting Chop Suey

Lemme tell you about my romantic dream…

13 Likes

I’ve played 8 games in this dumb engine at this point and all I want are more. The playmobil j-rock universe is a beautiful thing.

5 Likes

same! they keep making yses, i’ll keep buying them!

(they don’t even have to be in the ark of napishtim engine tbh, i loved ys viii too)

4 Likes

Same as well. I’m talking three ys and 5 kiseki games for that engine but I love all the ys to varying degrees. I think I’m just a Falcom Dude.

1 Like

Is “hick” also used in British Isles slang? I figured it for a specifically American term.

Edit: “I figured” I am absolutely from the American South. I am fixing to go to bed y’all.

1 Like

i hear it sometimes, but only because people have picked it up from american tv shows and movies.

1 Like

…What did he say about my D?

:man_shrugging:

… Forget it.

10 Likes

lol get a load of this D-ratio

1 Like

What’s this game?

breath of fire: dragon quarter

Thanks!

10 Likes

oldie but goldie