Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Hollow Knight

2 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

is that Rock of Ages?

Timeframe. A game I got for free at some point. Walking sim with some of the best lowpoly work.

1 Like

oh I’m gonna have to check that out at the next steam sale, it looks fantastic

6 Likes

the pixelation fog effect is really incredible.

7 Likes

Tactics%20Ogre%20-%20The%20Knight%20of%20Lodis%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1
Tactics%20Ogre%20-%20The%20Knight%20of%20Lodis%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4
Tactics%20Ogre%20-%20The%20Knight%20of%20Lodis%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-23
Tactics%20Ogre%20-%20The%20Knight%20of%20Lodis%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-15
Tactics%20Ogre%20-%20The%20Knight%20of%20Lodis%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-32

9 Likes

tactics ogre GBA is incredibly derivative / too easy but it’s still immensely likable

idk how to feel about how quest basically kept on doing matsuno fanfic after square poached him

you should feel bad because the games are very bad

Although, the dropoff in quality Quest suffered is far less than Final Fantasy Tactics -> Tactics A2, an almost ruthless exercise in missing the point

I’m sorry, I like strategy games but I have a very low tolerance for designs outside of a certain tightness, and the RPG builder aspects encourage most of these to become action figures mashing together rather than ‘Chess, but we Allow Mistakes’ which is what I want.

1 Like

I’m still frustrated that holding the position that the original FFTA is unredeemingly cloying and plodding whereas OB64 and tactics ogre GBA are at least playable and faithful, is taken to be overly po-faced. I think I’m just very sensitive to pacing in these games.

But I’ve already repeatedly delivered my rant about how tactics ogre PSP is an even more disastrous exercise in missing what made tactics ogre SNES good

I can dig Ogre Battle 64, but then I think that game wasn’t mined dry the way RPG-Wars was. Tactics Ogre feels like 60 hours ripped away from me; no meaningful progression or abilities, no meaningful story, no meaningful challenge, just a lot of movement between squares.

I believe you on Tactics Ogre PSP but it’ll be a few years before I can dip in again. I found the story to be probably Matsuno’s best but the everything else wasn’t doing it on the PSP version.

this is pretty much every game though

7 Likes

There’s something about bad tactics games that’s especially that though, I have to agree. The moving around squares can get out of control in terms of time spent to meaningful decisions ratio. They can be particularly untactical if they forget what the game design point of adding full grid-based combat was in the first place

Anyway when I read the Iliad, whenever somebody throws a spear I imagine the Shining Force attack animation

2 Likes

Listen I just thought you guys were gonna enjoy some tight little GBA backgrounds in here

12 Likes

wordfilter ‘ob64’ etc. to Person of Lordly Caliber

4 Likes

WHY HELLO THERE!!!

5 Likes