Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

What the heck I thought this game was survival horror

2 Likes

Kyoya Suda is THE BUSTER

2 Likes

that’s gotta be one of the best looking PS2 games ever

2 Likes

Pulling up that 2009 thread I wondered the exact moment I went from “Siren is too hard” to “This series rules.”

5 Likes

I’ve stopped playing it for the last couple of weeks, but I was enjoying The Witcher 3 thoroughly, and using the photo mode to take pics.

Still astonished at how good this game looks. Even more so that it never drops below 30fps on my old-ass video card. All games from now on should have dynamic resolution scaling.

9 Likes

is that like, a ghost baby? i want to play this if you get to chase a ghost baby on a horse

You totally get to follow a ghost baby on horseback.

2 Likes

yeah I’m glad they put the magic fetus quest on the critical path because it really sets the tone for the rest of the game

6 Likes

forever fav

6 Likes

That’s one of mine!

Here’s more:

7 Likes

Ripping Kendrick’s black panther album to my Xbox 360 and it’s in katakana for some reason

10 Likes

Years back, when I ripped The Chronic to my PS3, I had the same experience and I have no idea why.

2 Likes

In 2018 I can’t get Exact Audio Copy to tag japanese so i have feelings about this.

I assume you are using EAC to rip FLAC. But if you are ok with MP3: Windows Media Player is pretty good for finding Japanese tags. And it rips gapless MP3 by default.

is this a screen filter effect and if so how can i achieve it??

It’s Retroarch with CRT shaders enabled. I downloaded “solid12345’s Analog Shader Pack” and started from a preset for a composite signal, and tweaked til I had something that looks good for FFIX. Looks kinda OK in some other games too!

6 Likes

I use some of the same thing with retroarch too! heres a few of my favs.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Those filters look like they’re going for low quality RF or composite type signals with color bleed. I plan to check some of that out at some point or attempt to get a 240p signal in retroarch to my old CRT computer monitor.