Den of Screenshots (Part 1)

Screenshots every 3 seconds while playing Goldeneye Source, on my laptop.

3 Likes

One last Goldeneye Source update, with notes.

The Egyptian map which they added, is really nice. Plays well and does a good
job of showcasing Source, without requiring better hardware than some of the more simple maps. This is all still from my laptop with Intel HD4000. Pics are screen resolution.

click here, to reveal much more.

Summary

Huntin Knife Vs throwing knife!

![hl2 2018-01-14 17-05-53-14 (Copy)|690x388](upload://1YyXcFU5E9jc96efsiBTpABF
H6l.jpg)

Facility is looking great. Its been a looong time. But I’m pretty sure they added a couple of expanded versions to this game. One of which you can see here. where you can go back to the room where stuff happens in the movie, and then bond escapes out the conveyor belt and goes down the runway. there’s a map for the runway, too.

No enemies allowed in this bathroom

While in this standoff, I didn’t realize the man with the golden gun was right behind me, on my radar…

…So I ended up joining Boris here, on the floor.

They did a good job of blending nostalgia for the N64 game, while using that “source” feel to pull in some of the visual tone from the movie.

To this day, “paintball mode” still gives me joy

Dr. No

I like playing the game in “Arsenal” mode. Which is an old classic borrowed from Counterstrike. You start off the game with a powerful weapon. Then, every two kills, you drop down to a less powerful weapon. Ending with a knife or slappers (bare hands). Its fun for two reasons. 1. Goldeneye already has different weapon assortments, from the different portions of the game. This means variety and also a different curve, for how the game progresses, as you are forced to use certain weapons. Certain loadouts also tend to work better or worse, on some maps. 2. You never know what you are going to end up with, so it forces some lightheartedness, as well as some of those crazy moments you might have had with friends on N64. Goldeneye is a simple game. With a mouse and keyboard and extra players, some of the nuance and specific feel is different than it was on N64 with THAT controller. So, these added elements help to bring back some of the personality.

An army of knife throwers, Vs
. shotguns. Most of the guns in goldeneye are junk. Which is part of the charm So, this matchup is way more hilarious than it might be in another game.

Here is a situation where I’m like “yeah, I got the drop on these guys. I have a good gun”. But then, my team gets a couple of kills, so I am forced down to the final weapon…

…a combat knife!

Now both teams happen to be doing equally well, so we both are forced to use throwing knives.

but then we got pushed back I think, so now I had some fun with this machine gun Vs. throwing knives.

Some of the extra maps from the mod community are pretty good. DM Gothic from Unreal Tournament was on one of the servers. I don’t have screens of it. But it was a lot of fun in Goldeneye.

I think some of the mod maps use some different shaders. As some of the maps show up with purple shader effects. I think its probably a limitation of Intel HD4000

1 Like

final fight: streetwise is really proud that it has licensed music. it’s really cool.

gsdx_20180116033035

gsdx_20180116034046

gsdx_20180116034050

gsdx_20180116034058

gsdx_20180116034103

gsdx_20180116034107

9 Likes

16 Likes

13 Likes

9 Likes

Season 3 should have just been the exploits of Jesus.

Charlie Nash and a Final Fantasy XIV airship mechanic found their way into the Walking Dead universe.

11 Likes

that frog is so large

2 Likes

That frog should have his own game.

7 Likes

12 Likes

what’s this?

work time fun on psp!

The Darkness II (2012)

6 Likes

mount and blade can sometimes look pretty good, against all odds.

it does do something i’ve been saying that games should do more of for years, though: sacrifice detail in favour of scale

3 Likes

The EDF rule, basically.

1 Like

I mean, Mount & Blade is a GOAT but, like… even in those screenshots… I wouldn’t say it looked good.

But it doesn’t matter, because that’s not the point.

2 Likes

Speaking of, I love Factorio’s gleefully ugly industrial look:

4 Likes

v. grotesque