Death Stranding šŸ‹

guillermo del toro isnā€™t a movie star :joy:

maybe that means his scale rate is lower!

i just hope GDT repays him by ensuring kojima gets a cameo as a jaeger pilot in pacific rim 2

they could even call it Metal Gear because why the fuck not

3 Likes

Tweet from 2013ā€¦

At least he got Reedus and another Refn movie protagonistā€¦

But yes. Itā€™s interesting to see movie stars converted to videogame characters. I donā€™t think this will become a common trend probably. If anything, videogames will spawn their own star system (see: Troy Baker)

Iā€™d really like to know wth this game is all about though. Pretty intrigued!

2 Likes

Or, streamers. Itā€™s so distancing to see, in a Toys-R-Us, not-Minecraft toys and books based on streamer personalities. What a strange world

i cannot wait to see whatā€™s in store from videogameā€™s most provocative auteur:

4 Likes

id love to imagine Charlie Brooker also being a part of this project somehow, considering Kojima was basically referenced & celebrated in the new season of Black Mirror

do you think geoff keighley dreams of being rendered in the fox engine?

1 Like

Ugh, that TGA ā€œI consider you a frind, Kojimaā€ moment was so cringey

their relationship is precious

Using Brooker as a character model would also have the benefit of getting the non-union english equivalent of Laurence Fishburne for free.

1 Like

the trailers sync up

I should probably post the first one too.

nah the middle three letters inherit their trails from the top row, which sets them apart

EAT
AND
STING

2 Likes

Babies and Kojima and war. Kojima is going to go nuts with this game.

I thought I could see a scar across Del Toroā€™s forehead, maybe there is some frankenstein / brain swapping thing going on.

Or does Del Toro just have a scar there in real life too and I never noticed it?

Honestly, Call of Duty, the most mainstream of games, already just scans and mo-caps professional movie and tv actors for all the characters so itā€™sā€¦normalā€¦at this point

But yes ā€œworking voice actorsā€ seem to definitely gain a higher profile in games than other media though

The latest Call of Duty, Infinite Warfare, is written by Brian Bloom.

Itā€™s actually a pretty solid campaign structurally, certainly the best thing Infinity Ward have come up with since the Modern Warfare 2 fiasco caused a schism, so if you were ever curious to find out what kind of Gundam fanfiction B.J. Blazkowicz would writeā€¦

That is the most enticing thing Iā€™ve ever seen written about Infinite Warfare.

Iā€™ll wait though. Itā€™s impossible to justify buying a CoD game full price when you have no interest in the multi.

Thatā€™s why torrents exist

Iā€™d sooner recommend Titanfall 2, also by former Infinity Ward people, but I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised at Infinite Warfareā€™s pacing and aesthetic and thematic coherence (its narrative gimmick is that itā€™s all set over a single day). It even has a difficulty level thatā€™s so at odds with Call of Duty design trends, wherein health doesnā€™t regenerate so you need to stock up on health items, and you suffer from locational damage, so you can be forced to crouch and intro prone if hit in the leg or your aim suffers when shot in the arms. You can even be made to drop your gun, and you have to equip helmets to safeguard against headshots. Basically itā€™s classic Deus Exā€™s Realistic difficulty, except under constant fire.

It was also interesting to me that I effectively played three games in a row about deliberate suicide runs (BUTCHER, Resin and then Infinite Warfare, which came bundled with a PS4 I treated myself to).

1 Like