Death Stranding 🐋

very into this shit. apocalyptic extra dimensional horrors ravaging the earth while humans (under the command of other extradimensional horrors) seek to mitigate their effects? fucking with the laws of physics? lovecraft/ito/‘john dies at the end’ vibes?

i figure the creepies are attracted to signs of life, not sound per se

2 Likes

This has been the Hideo Kojima game I’ve been waiting for all my life.

Super pumped.

Is kojima going to cameo in refn’s tv show?

2 Likes

What the heck is refn’s outfit doing

1 Like

keepin his tummy warm

5 Likes

He just quickly threw together a low budget cosplay while he and Kojima were talking about their love for Shonen Jump.

4 Likes

huge update

8 Likes

Needs more Elon Musk

do you think Elon Musk has started receiving transfusions of Grimes’ youthblood yet, or is he still working up to that?

4 Likes

39%20PM
David Cage wishes he could write a robot story this problematic.

Love that Kojima has been fixated on mpreg since adolescence.

8 Likes

wow, kojima is hatin’ prague big time, huh. Seemed pretty chill last time i was there tho~~~

2 Likes

Somewhere, an HBO exec is furiously writing Kojima an email…

2 Likes
1 Like

“Sam Porter Bridges” is not his name. Sam is a Porter for the company Bridges.

The baby is a clone of Sam. When the monsters attack, everything ages but “he’ll keep coming” back, because the baby ages into a new Sam, and the cable he plugs into the baby with transfers his mind/memories.

The nature of the monsters has something to do with magnetism and chirality. The woman with the ferrofluid suit mentions that Sam has “a chiral allergy”, and Sam gets a rash when the monster comes near. Also in trailer 2, when Mads Mikkelson deploys his skeleton army, the compass on his gear belt goes crazy.

The bug thing the woman eats looks like a tardigrade, and she refers to it as a “cryptobite”. Cryptobiosis is a kind of extreme hibernation state that allows an organism to withstand extreme environmental conditions. One notable organism known for cryptobiosis is the tardigrade. Sam is also shown surrounded by these cryptobites at the bottom of the ocean in trailer 3, and then vomiting up a bunch of them later on in the same trailer.

hands hands hands hands hands

chirality chirality chirality chirality

Sam’s “dog tags” in trailer one are engraved with equations including the schwarzschild radius and dirac equations, which have to do with black holes and particle spin, respectively.

All the fish are upside down

I might be losing my mind about pentagons

19 Likes

https://twitter.com/feminaridens2/status/1006366631499583494

7 Likes

is this the biggest budget walking sim?

4 Likes

Hideo Kojima forcing Nazi wannabes into loving walking sims is a power move.

9 Likes

when the monsters take you, you don’t die. Ever

you can still be injured, still age, still rot. But never die

This is where the skeleton soldiers came from.

they are

death stranded

5 Likes

I am so beyond ready for all of this game’s bullshit

5 Likes

The best part of E3 was Kojima’s love of the Norman Reedus statue. It almost helps us all understand why this game even exists.

1 Like