circuit boards

pictures/diagrams of circuit boards. i don’t actually know how they work, i just like looking at them.

this basically is an impromptu aesthetics thread because that’s the only way i was ever going to make one

particularly after striking uses of colour

19 Likes

this is actually (or at least looks like) a bare chip, not a circuit board. no idea what it’s for, but i can tell you that those octagon things are inductors.

1 Like

uhh, lemme see

it’s a closeup of an integrated wi-fi transceiver. apparently it also includes magnetic field sensors

the whole thing is less than 3mm²

3 Likes

i made that high contrast pink and blue one my phone background awoo

2 Likes

nice!! i did think of you when i found it

2 Likes

here’s a few other pics of that variety

i stopped once i started getting Metal Gear NES screenshots in related

3 Likes

These are all so much better than the official Windows set of desktop backgrounds of the same thing basically.

2 Likes

My Bro made some college art by composing broken machine components and adding colored light. He has more with actual circuit boards but I cant find em.

6 Likes

amp guts amp guts

5 Likes

Close up of some video circuits I was working on years ago from instagram

2 Likes

I should put a few of my instagram posts in here at some point

1 Like

EOV3VRMUYAA7rv1

EOV3VRNUYAAMnxo

8 Likes

looking at pcb designs is a stimulating experience

9 Likes

incredible

one of my designs from college

8 Likes

Untitled
here’s another thing i made
yes, this is a rlly ugly layout. lol. it looks like i was super timecrunched

5 Likes

probably should move this now rather than make daphny resurrect it again. i’ll post some more later, once i uh, restore my crashed browser session

2 Likes

still trying to work out what to do with it but it turns out a bunch of Sony’s old service manuals back in the day were distributed in fully vector PDF format, so dumping out the paths is trivial, meaning I have very high-fidelity SVG maps (with enough nodes to bring a modern PC to its knees because the conversion from PDF is, not especially efficient) of a PlayStation 2 motherboard

I was thinking it’d make a cool shirt but I think it’s actually too intricate to be printed like that so maybe it’s just a cool thing to have

there’s also an assembly diagram which might be a better candidate for making a shirt, but it’s still pretty borderline and toeing the line off offtopic

14 Likes

This forum does not give a shit about off topic posts and you are heavily encouraged to post whatever cool stuff that’s kinda related

1 Like