Cartoons (Part 1)

Glad to catch of glimpse of that irresponsible Lemonhope in the closing montage.

Seriously some heartfelt business throughout.

2 Likes

still cracking up at the absolutely hellish chaotic romantic pairing of lsp and lemongrab tho lol

2 Likes

I also cried :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

underrated 5 seconds

5 Likes

My Hero Academia is in this god-awful filler story arc where they have a competition against another team and it never fucking ends or goes anywhere aadsfjsdfjdkf

I feel like maybe this is how the series is going to peter out? Maybe the One For All thing was the main story, and now that’s finished.

I am just barely starting MHA (I’m like 7 eps into the 2nd season) and this sports festival has been the entire season so far and I don’t hate it but it’s kinda killing my enthusiasm for this show. I just don’t understand this pacing.

They have a really good story arc in Season 2, then it plummets back into a tournament arc, so maybe we’re due for another good arc now?

I actually really like the tournament style arcs. They buffer out the higher stakes arcs, which helps it feel like they’re kids who have danger looking over them as opposed to full on heroes who are constantly in big high stakes fights.

Also as for if the next arc is good it’s the best the series has done to date imo

1 Like

My biggest criticism of MHA is that there hasn’t been enough super power usage and the tourney/license arcs are about the only time they get to stretch those out a bit. I started with the anime and the big draw to me was how it started out showing all these weird background characters and I wanted to see how they interacted or lived with these abilities. The Vigilantes side comic gets to do this a bit more thankfully. It would be nice to see the anime get more shots to fill in some spots like they did with Froppy’s internship and Momo leading a team during the first phase of the license test. I kinda just want to see action figures move and smash together. Alot of MHA’s fights haven’t been that great from a choreographic view point but are still solidly directed and have alot of good thematic weight to them.

i’ve only been reading the comic, but i also don’t like this. the whole thing that it’s illegal for people to use their powers without licenses just makes for a pointless and boring burden on the story (which is probably why western superhero comics have only ever done it in BAD END alternate universes)
the tournaments seem to go by really quickly in the comic, so i guess they’re stretching them out in the tv show as an alternative to the traditional shonen non-canon filler arcs. which is a shame tbh, as i’m not interested in watching an adaptation of stories i’ve already read, but filler arcs with weird non-canon characters and such would totally interest me.

2 Likes

There was a small little bit in backstory of All for one that when quirks emerged it was a period of chaos so it makes sense that society is trying hard to discourage quirk use to keep the status quo of before that time but it does put a damper on things for those of use that just want to see weird abilities in motion. I’d be happy with more causal power usage in domestic settings to get the imagination rolling.

So the next gundam is called the NARRATIVE GUNDAM

2 Likes

Still in MHA’s season 2 tournament arc and I feel like it varies from episode to episode whether I like it. I think part of me just can’t get my head around the fact that an entire 12-episode anime season basically takes place over the course of one afternoon. (This is actually the first big Shonen Jump series I’ve ever gotten into, so I’m not used to the glacial battle pacing DBZ is storied for and so on.)

Basically I also wanna just have some hang-out episodes (not to be confused with “slice of life” episodes that hinge on boys trying to peep on girls or whatever else passes for comedy in shonen manga). With lots of Tsu in them. I like Tsu the most probably? She rules? Also, I want Mineta to never speak again? That’d be great.

My partner and I are finally catching up with Adventure Time from a couple years ago and I love this weird show and am sad I couldn’t get in on the finale love-in.

If you love Franken Fran, get ready for Franken FAM!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/frankenstein-family

Saw the first episode. No where near as strong as Franken Fran but feels like something that’d be on the same shelf of in the comic isle. Feels like a very low key production but has decent direction even if it feels like it checks the usual boxes and plays it’s hand a bit to fast so you kinda have to be willing to accept the genre shortcuts.

i was putting off watching the Adventure Time finale because i knew it would fuck me up real bad, and guess what

i forgot how much this show meant to me at one point. think im gonna binge the whole thing real soon

The final song obviously got me (fucking hell what a perfect ending) but the last Rebecca Sugar tune completely wrecked me and continues to. i dunno how she does it

If there was some amazing force outside of time
To take us back to where we were
And hang each moment up like pictures on the wall
Inside a billion tiny frames so that we could see it all, all, all

(with dedication to Adam Muto and bonus crying John DiMaggio, just in case you wanted to melt today)

7 Likes

:sob:

I saw someone call My Hero Academia BNHA on the internet today and I got upset.

Anyway, really enjoying back half of season 2 even though I am sad there has been very little hangoutitude. The storyboarding and animation for the action sequences is so good.

I appreciate this because I keep reading it as ‘Monster Hunter… Apocalypse?’ myself

1 Like

for the people who want mha kids hanging out, in the manga they all live together in dorms with a common room now

1 Like