Cartoons (Part 1)

Watched a few eps earlier today and I absolutely love this show. The new cast is A+.

Part of me is hoping all these previews of just the evas slaughtering monsters in like action hero cartoon action sequences is a misdirection and the real movie will be more plot heavy?

It’s free for real now, no purchase necessary. It’s pretty good! Easily on par with the 2003 show, which I started watching again last night after not seeing it for nearly a decade. This one has lots of humor, lots of action and everything just pops along at breakneck speed. Looking forward to seeing more.

Never got into the 2012 show because I just don’t really dig CGI cartoons. I prefer a hand-drawn look.

1 Like

this fucking rules and i dont even like the turtles

I know, right! This show technically hasn’t premiered yet and it’s already been picked up for a second season.

Has similar vibe to the new DuckTales so I’m into it

it is absolutely fucking sickening how adult swim treated c. martin croker

6 Likes

Kill them all.

2 Likes

Holy shittttttt

The Teen Titans Go movie is legit hilarious and filled with all the same dumb jokes from the show, including dumping on Young Justice

The fact that it has a very similar plot to Incredibles 2 while razzing on all superhero movies is just icing on the cake

they went back in time and fucking killed baby Aquaman by throwing a 6 pack plastic holder in the water

5 Likes

how do you feel about the stinger

I actually missed it because everyone and their mom said it was post credits and I went to pee right before it happened and walked back in to it ending

thanks guys

Hi Score Girl has me torn. Haruo freaking out seeing the start up of Super SFII and getting to be the first to play it was hilarious, but it was originally FF Special, and by the same token it was AoF not SF II Hidaka was playing with him earlier. And they even had some KoF and Ikari Warriors in the OP and King of the Monsters showed up in the prior episode so I thought the SNK stuff was all sorted.

I suppose overall plotwise it doesn’t matter since Hidaka’s fighting main/spirit animal will be Huitzil/Phobos from Darkstalkers, but it’s a shame being even more Street Fighter heavy than it already was.

comedy cartoons from japan have reached the peak for the year

it’s all downhill from here

1 Like

I am absolutely in love with this new Ninja Turtles so far. Every episode so far has been a joy to watch.

I love love love the new voice actors and animation style.

spoilers for all of voltron 7

uhh they were talking about some kind of queer representation and it turned out they said shiro was gay at comic con…so his ex boyfriend is in the show for a few minutes but it’s super vague and they never specifically define it to the point where he could have just been a good friend or family member. i mean okay. but then to have him be gay with this weird space aids plot and then killing the other gay character off. shit just seems wack.

1 Like

why the fuck did i sleep on megalobox

oh yeah so i don’t have to wait week to week lol

1 Like

I liked the reveal a lot at first, mainly due to how incidental it was - only really there to have his spouse chastise him for obsessing. I think it’s cool how it fits right in there without disrupting his character or any of the history of the show so far.

Now that you mention it, though, yeah… they establish him as gay, give him a tragically incurable disease, and kill his boyfriend off. Which isn’t a great look in context or out!

In my eyes, the only reason his boyfriend died was because they didn’t want him in the show and wanted to free up Shiro to date Keith, who has now been strategically aged-up through a space vortex to not make it weird. But out of that context it’s not a great look.

Anyways this season fucking ruled. It went full Macross with a planet invasion and hot damn did I love every second of it. Wasn’t a new character in the lot I didn’t like.

1 Like

i think a good way to look at what megalobox is is that there are eventually gonna be more “i only watch cowboy bebop and megalobox” than there are currently “i only watch cowboy bebop and samurai champloo”