Cartoons (Part 1)

flcl was never good

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty much just the first episode of FLCL without the novelty anymore, but I guess I’m a huge sucker for anime coming of age and I also thought the main group was cute. I’m looking forward to more to a degree I would not have expected.

the new lupin iii show is about a bitcoin heist that makes the darkweb create a lupin ARG

and also all the file photos of lupin are literally stills from the 1970s cartoons and castle of cagliostro and whatnot so i guess this show takes the “perpetual now” even further than like the show 24

2 Likes

Wow, FLCL 3 sucks!

1 Like

I fuckin’ told you guys

now I have backup!

11 Likes

god michael bell was a random voice on nu-voltron and my brain got really thrown off hearing Real Lance

i watched the episode of the reboot reboot where they went into old reboot and it was wild. the kids turn on an old mainframe from the 90s and it is “Mainframe”. Anyway bob meets literally users and is super chill about it

reboot-the-guardian-code-returning-characters

meanwhile this random dude in a room FULL OF REBOOT THE TV SHOW MERCHANDISE sees on one of his screens that this server reactivated and gets super hype

and he decides to play a game

i repeat, this guy has bob posters and toys in his house and seems to be aware of what happens inside this computer and still puts in games

i don’t know if he’s supposed to be the original user or if he saw this shit happening on this server and invented the tv show reboot or what

reboot-the-guardian-code-nerd

it’s very weird and this is all played as if megabyte came from here and he’s the same megabyte from the original show and the city is terrifyingly dead and lifeless except for bob, dot, enzo, frisk

also they try to make the graphics look old but it doesn’t really work

Starshipalcatraz_usercard
Starshipalcatraz_camera

anyway these human kids are calling it “one point retro” and “like 64 bit old” and whatnot and this is amazing

3 Likes

there’s probably been about a dozen things I coulda joined in talking about in the past few hundred posts, even though I don’t watch most of the stuff posted here for one reason or another. embeds or shows.

but i guess I do just want to say that it must’ve been really weird for the OK K.O. staff to have their anti-gun episode (“Let’s Not Be Skeletons”) debut via app two weeks after the Parkland shooting and on TV one month after. Well, looking forward to the second season, whenever that happens.

oh, right. The reason I’m actually in this thread is to ask if all of you are planning to watch Adult Swim’s next hit anime, BALLMASTRZ 9009

first two episodes airing tonight, although maybe record them or get them on demand or pirate them because the show on right after is pretty bad (even for AS)

1 Like

I am now

Need that Superjail hit

1 Like

what could possibly be on after that could be this ba-

oh

oh

fuck Mr. Pickles

1 Like

Hey Megalobox is pretty cool

Almost caught up on Star Vs. Good cartoon

http://www.bubbleblabber.com/tarantula-canceled-after-one-season-on-tbs/

https://twitter.com/carsonmell/status/975809089144942592

predictable but lame

wotakoi made me almost have a heart attack when the main dude in an otaku romance anime says straightforwardly in the first episode “we seem compatible wanna go out” and she’s like “yeah sure”

4 Likes

Yeah it’s nice that it’s about people actually in relationships instead of hovering around each other forever and then finally going out The End.

I like the manga well enough but the anime seems a little “off” somehow. Probably some timing things and the actual animation isn’t much to speak of. I swear a couple of moments the dudes had some yaoi proportions going on, though maybe that works out since their GFs hypothetically pairing them is a bit down the line.

caught up on star. was both crazy into and not at all into the finale, but im excited for what the future brings

It’s worth noting in the manga that only happens in the second published chapter. The first is a fakeout that ends as she asserts he’s not her type.

Hinamatsuri is my new favorite sitcom about a Yakuza Dad and his psychic daughter.

There’s probably a good thinkpiece in exploring how the Yakuza Dad is one of the few acceptable adult protagonists in youth-oriented Japanese media.

1 Like

I just saw ballmasterz. Three eps are up for viewing on the adult swim website right now for however long. It’s a thing I feel is worth watching. Lot of fun limited animation with some killer segments once or twice an episode. It’s also very anime.

Reminds me alot of Robotomy