Cartoons (Part 1)

i think im gonna watch reideen next

Only posting because it’s rather impressive that this is the work of one animator (at least to me)

4 Likes

kind of sucks that this isn’t a video game tbh

Yeah the whole time I was like “Hey Ni no Kuni 3 looks pretty sweet”

i don’t know if this is licensed or anything, but that dragon looks like it’s from some pc engine stg or something

that first new flcl might come on tonight at midnight because of adult swim’s april fools

it came to pass

this is kind of amazing

jesus christ

they managed to neuter FLCL into anime

:waynestare:

To be fair, FLCL was also cloaked in anime. It had the meta narrative and The Pillows to elevate it past that structure.

the window dressing of FLCL was anime

the look and feel and flow of FLCL was a bunch of animators doing all sorts of weird, interesting shit and having fun with it

FLCL (I think what they showed was Alternative?) can be as anime in plotting but it was missing that dynamic feel, even when they tried to replicate it (the shot of Haruka coming through the glass is totally supposed to be like one of those, except it’s boring and staid in comparison since it uses CGI to replace instead of augment)

it doesn’t pop. it felt very In Name Only.

i really liked the girls friendship dynamic and thought it was fun and now i need to watch all of original flcl again

also this was technically the premiere of the third season somehow, lol

the only more damning thing they could have done to new FLCL than showing it before Mind Game is showing it in proximity to the original FLCL

notbov are you gonna watch the horsegirl horse racing show

yes but I’m getting drunk first

I can’t root for my girl Special Week sober

2 Likes

Proposing a new anime quality metric: “Time to Idol Concert”

1 Like

how do we apply this metric to Macross serieses

It has a value of undefined, obviously.

IT’S OVER

HORSEGIRLS IS THE WORST BEST WORST SPORTS SHOW SINCE KEIJO

YOU KNOW, THE SHOW ABOUT BUTT AND BOOBS SUMO OVER A POOL

THIS IS A CARTOON FINELY ENGINEERED TO HIT EVERY SPORTS MOVIE CLICHE, BUT ALSO YOU WANT TO OGLE THE HORSES BECAUSE THEY ARE ALSO GIRLS

GIRLS WITH DUMB HORSE NAMES

AND ALSO THEY ARE POP IDOLS

IF THERE WAS A CHART TO TRACK THESE KINDS OF STATS, IT WOULD HAVE BURST INTO FLAMES 15 MINUTES IN

SHE WAS LATE TO CLASS AND RAN WITH A CARROT IN HER MOUTH

100000000/10

You have ice skating to look forward to, somehow, if the game this is all based off of is any indication. Sounds like a horse to bet on in this race to the bottom.

1 Like

man that fuckin austrailian rick and morty felt like it came straight out of the newgrounds era…with all that entails

also direct doc and mharti reference yikes