Cartoons (Part 1)

Latest Voltron bomb was real good. Glad this show’s getting back on track after some iffy stuff last release.

Lotor is cool, and I love seeing him put in the middle of this power struggle. I’m actually not sure at this point if he’s going to betray Voltron, as it seems like he’s planning, or if Haggar will reveal her Shiro-related plan and it’ll put Lotor and Voltron on the same side for real.

Best ep so far was the one about the galra struggle for leadership supremacy.

2 Likes

recently i watched ‘dofus - book 1: julith’ which is a french cartoon that is really beautiful and well animated! the whole whimsical-fantasy atmosphere reminds me a lot of battle chef brigade. apparently there’s a mmo set in the film’s universe, too.

the story is not super captivating and the humor is mostly flat but i still enjoyed going through it on a lazy sunday afternoon after cleaning my apartment, since it’s all so pleasing to the eye

oh that reminds me

Eunyoung Choi (of Science Saru fame) directed a special for Wakfu (a series also based on a game by Ankama) years ago, its when I became aware of just how good a director she was

edit: that video link looks weird, I’ll try and find a nicer looking copy and play it in anime club some time

1 Like

there’s also a really great-looking tv cartoon in that universe called wakfu

1 Like

i wish they let this one lie. it’s like digging up the corpse of 2001 gainax from it’s grave.

flcl was cool and what was there was all that needed to be there.

but bahi said he’s working on it, maybe there’s some cool animation in there, idunno.

1 Like

This exists because the original series was a hit for Cartoon Network, and if anyone really loves rehashes that are obsessed with precise recreation of images that already exist, it’s Western geek culture.

2 Likes

If Eva and Helsing are any indication, it’s all anime culture.

what giant robot show on hidive or crunchy should i view next

wow, it’s amazingly slim pickins on crunchyroll for mecha. if you haven’t already seen them, there’s gurren lagann, g-gundam, gundam wing and demonbane? i think gasaraki is still up there too but it’s not showing up in the mecha category for some reason?

so crunchy is out then

I liked Aldnoah.Zero a lot.

Saw it already

1 Like

huh (some of ?) the monsters are in the real world in Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad: Gridman

the last pop team epic was exactly what it needed to be

this is definitely the most different the repeat has ever been

I love that it provides a reason for the repeats through the best Deus Ex Machina ever.

I’m a simple man, I couldn’t help but feel the hype for the last episode of Dragonball Super.

1 Like

I’ve been watching VOTOMS and Beavis and Butt-Head lately.

3 Likes

B&B only getting better with age, it is so valid

1 Like