Cartoons (Part 1)

Reboot was good until the end of season 3; after that it crawled up its own ass and started taking lore seriously

Writers, it’s cool if you want to world build but you have to make the main setting more interesting first

1 Like

So is DuckTales just over or

nope, in fact it was renewed for season 2 last year

welcome to Disney Scheduling, the most brutal of all Cartoon Scheduling

check out the random sprinkling of months apart episodes from the gravity falls release dates for an idea of what could happen

1 Like

Pretty cool that Disney and CN are presiding over a new golden age of TV cartoons that they apparently don’t want anyone to watch

2 Likes

4 Likes

God I had completely forgotten Steven Universe exists. I was so into that show like a year ago.

:cry:

oh hey ikuhara “shoujo kakumei utena” kunihiko is directing a new anime!

always wanted to check his authorial stuff, but never knew how to approach utena. maybe i’ll just watch penguindrum one of these days since it’s a bit shorter . . .

1 Like

Just watch the movie
I know plenty of you ride for the series but everything cool is in the movie

Nanami isn’t* in the movie

3 Likes

Considering at least three of the episodes I think about and talk about often hinge on Nanami this is an important note.

However, if the length of Utena the TV animation is daunting, just watch the movie. It’s great.

while the show and the movie tackle a lot of the same themes, the relative length of the show gives the characters time to breathe and even the filler arc in the middle is good

don’t rush through it. let it be a slow burn. an ep a day or every few days or even once a week. they’re different enough to both deserve your time.

How about, watch the movie and if that piques your interest enough to do so, watch the whole show. Then watch the movie again.

The official viewing order circa the turn of the century in the US is to watch the first 13 episodes of the TV series, then the movie, then wait several years and watch the rest of the TV series.

where does the Saturn game fall int the viewing timeline

thanks for the suggestions, everyone! i’ll mantain the series in consideration

i’m particularly intrigued by @botagel 's. sounds like a trajectory i’ve went through before with this kind of stuff

hmm, wonder if the phantom thief thingie got popular because of p5.

I’m in.