Cartoons (Part 1)

pop team epic

2 Likes

I feel like I appreciate what it’s going for but ultimately it’s really leaving me cold. I’m deadass bored of its schtick already, two episodes in.

liven up that ass

you don’t even know

the best detail in the last episode is the protag is running around the base in some kind of drone bot made for construction or transport or whatever and even that robot has a (fake) female ass with protruding handles for controls

:curly:

I was like “oh my god a built in real doll”

I’m also rather amused that the one mecha that doesn’t look like a girl in a butt-fitting costume at first glance doesn’t hold up under a second glance.

Russian artillery gunlance girlbot is def the best design by a long shot and the fact that its (her?) pistil is a certain voice actress using a certain voice makes it hilarious

this is even counting the fact that the main mecha also has a lion form

Oh my god

1 Like

Oh! my god

can’t believe i’m watching these episodes 4 different times now lol

Death March into a Parallel world could have been a fun gimmicky take on the usual isekai formula about a burnt out 29 yr old programmer who falls a sleep and dreams that he got stuck in the buggy MMO he was working on. So yes, it’s yet another trapped in an MMO where the main character is hilariously super competent and overpowered. At least it’s kinda amusing how he got over powered by essentially using a super bomb type of skill he wipes out a whole army of Lizardmen but (while not specifically stated) he got full EXP rewards and shot up to lvl 310 thus taking all tension away from his ability to survive. Oh yeah, in the game/dream he’s also been deaged to highschool appearances so check off all the required check boxes to make it sell to a demographic that should probably be tired of this but isn’t.

Eva ripoff -> but with Lum -> And the big joke is molesting -> Charming and novel best anime of the season

My god. We’ve learned… we’ve learned… nothing

lmfao

It’s actually my fault for not taking you seriously - you really meant it was trash.

who said anything about “best”

I said “garbage”

also the piloting is completely consensual so far

finding out that detective conan eps that aren’t two parters are perfect for me cuz it’s like a quick fix of columbo

you did. You called it the trash of the season, then wrote post after post about why you love it

your earnest recommendation of total shit is not some ironic powerhouse of satire. You said yourself you’re incredibly taken with the fuck bot show and your favorite joke is that even thoughtless utility machines are gropable sex toys.

and that’s a big LOL. actually a LMAO is probably safer around you

The fact that you even had to mention that the piloting might turn out to be non-consensual if you keep watching is funny as fuck to me

If you read a post that opens with “this show is trash” and then goes into detail about the parts of it that are especially trash, and you interpret that as a hint to watch something you are clearly not going to enjoy, I’m pretty sure that’s your fault

1 Like

I think you’re ascribing some alternate intent to my enjoyment

1. I don’t see how nailing the show as garbage is a recommend unless you’re into garbage. which some people are! I’m not here to judge. lord knows I’m in no position (I earnestly, unironically enjoy some trash like Dragon Maid and Konosuba. fuck, I love every episode of Teekyu, which probably is an indication that I have brain problems.).

2. the detail of a random utility robot having a control ass is funny not because it’s an ass, but because the production is so dedicated to their world building and concepts that even the dummy robot has a dummy control ass

3. there’s no way a sane person could watch this and not find the constant, overdone innuendos hilarious, provided they can wade their way through all the noise

now, I’m aware that even ironic enjoyment is still enjoyment (fuck’s sake, my avatar is a (mercifully cropped) screenshot from the show), so that puts me in a dumb of position of saying “well, no, it’s bad but I like it”, but I’m not enjoying it on the same level of a show that I actually like on a “this show is good and I want to see more” level that I’m watching this season. like, if you want an actual recommend, I would point you to like, Devilman Crybaby or Osomatsu-san S2 or Violet Evergarden (a show I also want to write about because I also greatly enjoy it, just not because it’s trafficking in asses and paper-thin metaphors of teenagers discovering sex). me? I also enjoy terrible trainwrecks (perhaps maybe too much, admittedly), proof of which exists in this thread (jesus christ I really did watch all of PSO2A, huh).

what I’m trying to say is that I’m not watching Franxx to catch some animated ass. god, I have some semblance of standards. I’m there to laugh at it (though, honestly, with the script the way it is sometimes, I might be laughing with it).

1 Like

You seem like kind of a dick

1 Like