Cartoons (Part 1)

I hope that the voice cast is never the same twice.

The ending theme is credited to Popuko and Pipimi, with their voice actors listed along side them. They are not the same as the voice actors who performed the characters in the other segments. Either time.

2 Likes

Sure but I mean these were pretty good voices

I don’t know what I expected

Were the shadow councils’ designs here supposed to be a reference to some other show?

Time to watch this new Yuasa joint then

Denki Groove done the opening number!

Hmm well yes this seems faithful to the Nagai spirit hmm

Fuck, turns out that the Bob Team Epic parts were actually animated by the very same studio that they reminded me of:

3 Likes

The ED is also performed by different people too.

if you want just a little bit more “batman: the brave and the bold” there’s a new crossover movie with scooby doo

Crybaby confirmed my anti-horny medianess isn’t a joke either tbh

pop team epic has better subtitles on hidive than crunchyroll for some reason so if you’re bootlegging and find the one that actually translated the cell phone fortunes in ep 2 that the “better” one?

devilman: crybaby is cool

lots of weird* & good.

i like how, whatever happens in that world, people will continue to lazily hang out on social media while lying down on their sofas.

the whole representation of christian themes and imagery is so interesting! from makimura miki’s (“hafu”) parents’ faith and tragic story, to like, images of the last supper hanging on the wall, people going to mass on bleak scenarios. the whole thing about people being consumed by strong carnal desires as a way for demonic possession and how the devilmen have to traverse such conditions is also interesting (although i understand certain people having concerns over it). and, uhm, this tweet.

the action scenes are consistently good, too!

*just so we're clear i use this word not in the "wacky japan lol" sense; it's my first time seeing a yuasa project and a devilman-related thing. i was caught by surprise by many things while watching this on netflix(tm), i guess.
1 Like
3 Likes

i forgot to mention but,

what the heck the soundtrack is insanely good

2 Likes

Could be some good cartoon

2 Likes

I believe that might indeed be Real Anime

started watching initial d. currently at the end of first stage.

brb, gonna buy a mazda rx-7 and become a hashiriya.

1 Like
4 Likes

Darling in the Franxx is the trash anime of the season. think of another show. go ahead. guess what? it’s not even close.

it’s Aniplex looking at Trigger and going “hey, a bunch of those guys used to be at Gainax, maybe we can make Eva”, but because it’s 2018, it’s anime

all of the weird mommy and daddy issues stuff and the psychosexual run around of teenagers retreating to the wombs of their mothers to deal with the ills of the world instead get replaced with kind of confused sexual awakening imagery about a bunch of virgins who don’t know what the fuck is going on and piloting a giant robot is sex

everyone pilots in male-female pairs and the girls jack-in to the robot and become the robot’s consciousness and their plugsuits have handles that come off their asses and the guys grab them and they have to be in sync and it’s so stupid

I love it

it doesn’t hurt that the (official) sub script is game and totally gets it

also Lum from UY is in the show except she has experience and totally wants to guide the milquetoast protag who can’t pilot with other girls

I’m going to watch every single last episode of this garbage and laugh and maybe I’ll get some good action out of it every so often

3 Likes

This intellectual property title is bae

1 Like

I straight up guffawed at the butt handles

I’m in, none of the other shows this season seem interesting