Cartoons (Part 1)

3 Likes

Really dig that animation

oh wow

I wonder if those environments are as quick and sketchy to produce as the concept art style they’re riffing off

the dithered shadow patterns are neat

Just finished Juni Taisen and it made reconsider if the good parts in past NisioisiN works I’ve seen were only in my head all this time. Is that or there is a brilliance in character writing that other people praise the show for but I can’t, for the life of me, find in the whole thing.

Can’t believe is the only thing I’ve seen all season.

My understanding is that the novel this is based on is extremely barebones, and pretty much anything to do with the characters’ backstories, etc., is all new material. It’s probably bad either way? I watched one episode and by the end of it I knew quite definitively that I did not need to watch any more of this.

I enjoyed it enough but I have a healthy appetite for super power battles. i wasn’t expecting anything great but I found a fun enough disposable entertainment. I haven’t read/watch much NisiosIN stuff. All I’ve seen was a movie cut of Nekomonogatari and outside of the animation style I hated it. I didn’t hate this. It felt like it explored a few ideas but knew it couldn’t push it that far and just stopped where it needed to so it could go on. I found it passable but wouldn’t super recommend it.

why are you guys watching good (“good”) shows when you could be watching trash instead

it’s too much to hope the show is otherwise entirely chaste isn’t it

later in the same episode, the character is question is described as having defeated a man with two penises

the first 90 seconds of this show are literally a hell gauntlet designed to stop all reasonable humans from watching it and i sort of respect that

2 Likes
  1. I always saw the opening of the show as actually being a condemnation of the culture of wanting to fuck your little sister by both presenting a scenario so ludicrous as to be laughable and also having the editor go “No, this isn’t normal, what the fuck is wrong with you”

2. the split of the show is probably 60/40 reasonable stuff to anime

it’s the show I don’t tell people I’m watching because I don’t want to be judged (rightly so) but I probably enjoy it the most

I mean if it’s literally just about penis duelling, Yugioh-like, I’m down for that

only this chunk where the protag and friends are playing Actual Tabletop Game Once Upon A Time

there’s a junji ito anthology anime starting on the 5th of january

1 Like

Huh.

The first episode of Pop Team Epic airs in less then an hour and this is still the only PVs they’ve released for it.

I should probably not be hyping myself up for this as much as I am but it’s probably going to be a special 21 minutes either way.

1 Like

this show is fucking wild

a television shitpost

i wonder how/if they are gonna keep this up

2 Likes

it’s actually 10 minutes long but then the episode plays again with different voice actors?!

also the french part is subtitled the second time

i didn’t know that! :open_mouth: