Cartoons (Part 1)

they look like hiromu arakawa’s arslan designs

this is not a complement

I could get over the otome game face, but Kircheis has curly hair. Not… whatever this is.

Dunno 'bout you lot but this looks pretty awesome to me:

2 Likes

It’s a terrible day for people that like creators of good cartoons.

First the director of Kemono Friends gets the boot after he made the property noteworthy.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-25/kemono-friends-director-tatsuki-no-longer-working-on-the-anime/.121827

Now the crew of OPM is getting shuffled around.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-25/chikara-sakura-directs-one-punch-man-anime-2nd-season-at-j.c-staff/.121831

Untitled-1

1 Like

also Hero from RPG World is now canonically a character

and i just think thats the cutest damn thing

4 Likes

Now that’s a reference I thought disappeared into the depths of the Internet.

god between this and captain plnet, i should probably give this at least a shot huh

Yes

Also the new Bobs Burgers was neat

the story is nothing to write home about but damn uruhara is a fuckin cute pastel feast

2 Likes

as an original reader of RPG world and it being one of my favorite webcomics ever im totally in love with this

1 Like

Same! It is really awesome to see Ian JQ get his own show and it’s sweet that he got to wrap up the story of his old comic as part of the show.

edit:

A recent episode of my show OK KO!, “A Hero’s Fate” is a fully-absorbed finale of my old comic RPG World. RPG World was a comic that I made when I was a teenager(Starting in August 2000). A lot of people ended up liking the comic and I was a little too young to take that fact seriously. I never finished the comic’s story because… I was a flighty teenager and I ended up going to animation school. After a fruitful decade-plus of working in animation, I was thrilled to return to my old characters.

If you were a fan of RPG World, please seek out this episode and watch it! It’s a special treat just for you!

Ryann created an epilogue to the episode which showed Hero returning to comic form to finish his story. I felt very embarrassed by this but it made so much sense in the story’s context. I leaned into it and using her rough version as a guide, drew the full ending page myself. I rummaged thru my supplies and broke out the same set of pens I used to ink the comic with, and scanned it on my same old scanner. I tried to emulate my coloring style from back then(MAN ALIVE I was SO into gradients)… I used to do the comic three times a week so doing it again was a surreal experience.

1 Like

It’s worth noting it’s the second time Ian sorta concludes RPG World. The previous one was in a one-shot comic called Beta Temple, which also featured characters in a video game, seemingly unrelated until you looked at the accompanying map, which featured Galgarion’s dark castle renamed as “Galgarion’s Demise”, and the heroine was one Spaghetti Blossomfeather, daughter of two heroes who saved the world according to her bio.

Also there was that one time a Hero action figure was seen in Steven Universe.

1 Like

I DIDNT KNOW THAT!!
Hey yall! My minicomic "Beta Temple" is up online here! Please enjoy!

shes CANON i love it

sadly the rest is on his defunct website. maybe i’ll tweet @ him and see if he has it kickin around somewhere.

this all made me grin like a huge fuckin idiot. RPG world and early webcomics hold a special place in my part for being a part of a world that never existed and implying a community i’ll sadly never got to have been a part of despite being mostly what I read as a young teenager

good job

I like the background art design in this but the actual cartoon is one of the most painful viewing experiences I’ve had in a while.

guess i have a higher anime tolerance because it’s just kinda generic/uninspired to me

Blood Blockade Battlefront is still a high octane comic book romp but is kinda missing how the first season managed to keep things a little creepy and mysterious while still selling Hellsalem’s Lot as a chaotic nightmare theme park. I wasn’t the biggest fan of how the first season tied up but the director knew how to sell it. This season’s director has more of a comedy background so by this episode looks like it’s going to be more action slapstick which is fine with me but I’ll miss Matsumoto’s flair from the first season.

I can’t help it Dragonball Super is a lot more of the same old shit (but maybe it does embrace its goofy side a bit more than Z) but this current arc has me hype as fuck

1 Like

The god damn Kaioken is relevant again okay