Cartoons (Part 1)

Except for being a Netflix show that we must binge watch up to a year later as deemed by streaming overlords in the US.

Yuasa as fuck. Can’t wait to see this and everything else he’s done lately.

Uhh piracy much??

I fucking hate Netflix for not fucking showing me what shows are available in my country before I decide to try it. Like seriously, what the fuck.

I have no qualms about giving netflix a poptepipic sized middle finger and watching stuff with the rest of the world as it airs since they already get my 7 bucks a month but that doesn’t mean I like doing that and contributing to “bad” statistics.

netflix call their paying customers “pirates” when they don’t stick to only watching the shows their region is supposed to

if they’re gonna call you a pirate, might as well be one

1 Like

new voltron’s out today

how did you feel about the evolution of the show in the second season, especially in the middle episodes before/after the mid-season break (when the book changes hands)? I have a peculiar sensation about the ones that aren’t really related to the show’s backstory (as a whole or as individual plot strands), and I’m still struggling to articulate it.

Also I’ve fallen so far behind on everything I watch (except I guess Steven Universe) that I totally missed that they already aired a special with the first few episodes of season 3, aaaaaaaaaaa

im actually just finishing up the first season. i will report back with my impressions once i get there.

i hear they dump the superfluous annoying dude friend characters among other things, sounds good

2 Likes

Devoured the new stuff in a day. I like the new baddies, I like how they’re mixing up the team, I like how the larger story arcs are taking the forefront over episodic stuff. Shiro’s current story has the potential to be ehh, but we’ll see.

Some real good Lance so far.

man sven getting shot in dead in the chest into an 80s anime splash panel then saying “i’m fine take me to the hospital” is the funniest callback to the original show

1 Like

Yeah this ep slapped

Whoa you follow @georgelazenby he’s my college buddy that’s crazy

Not disappointed in new rick and morty in the least

1 Like

ohh that’s why you’re both pushing the relentless picnic

he put up a photo on his tumblr years ago of a friend of mine and i flipped my lid, but he said he just got it off flickr

Jeez you make me sound like a shill. Actually all three guys are my college buddies.

Dracko lowkey sb creepin

this show’s cute

3 Likes

Oh yes, I’ve been a huge fan of Ian J since his RPG World days and it makes me so happy he has such a cool looking show of his own now.

I’ll have to watch it soon.

So cool that Imaishi Hiroyuki storyboarded the opening sequence.