Cartoons (Part 1)

Margo Martindale which is the most amazing choice possible?

3 Likes

I dig this. I’d forgotten that Welker voiced a lot of them in the original series, but that makes a lot of sense.

I’m interested in how Famous Character Actor Margo Martindale is doing any acting when she died out at sea escaping from the law

2 Likes

The French side of things, Ankama Animations, are the guys that did the Wakfu anime (as well as the video game itself, not as important) that I hear was surprisingly good? Trailer says it though, what the hell is going on through all that? Reminds me of that korean animated movie about poop.

2 Likes

I’m thinking this DuckTales thing looks really good.

Flintheart Glomgold appears to be Scottish, not South African (I guess that was announced before but I missed it).

Surprised to see no Magica De Spell in the villain roster. Wonder if they’re saving her for for later seasons.

Duckworth is maybe not around anymore? Meanwhile, Mrs. Beakley (if they’re still calling her that) is now a ripped-as-hell badass motherfucker? I’m down.

There’s a female villain that shows up in a few preview things that looks a heck of a lot like evil Binky Muddlefoot.

1 Like

Yeah im so absolutely hype for nu-DuckTales :slight_smile:
The Disney ducks are basically the best group of characters to ever come out of the W.D. Company, huh.

1 Like

i don’t think i’m going to be able to watch this, it might be the last straw that pushes me over the edge to spending the rest of my life writing a treatise on the socioeconomics of duckburg

2 Likes

an episode done by the “Don’t Hug Me, I’m Scared” team

is this cartoon actually good? ive only seen a bit of it and i like the general animation style but haven’t watched much except for random stuff like this:

1 Like

Gumball is delightful! It starts off kind of so-so but gets better and better as it goes. Also, looks gorgeous and like nothing else on TV even when it’s not using wild guest animators. Worth a look for sure.

1 Like

The characters and the script never really get there for me but its a fun animation playground.

That’s basically true, yeah. It has some really cute character moments, but they’re fewer and farther between than the rest of the present CN zeitgeist. I appreciate it a lot as kind of a throwback to the fallow mid-2000s CN, but funnier and nicer to look at. It’s like Chowder (which is fun and good) but better.

I’d personally choose Chowder over Gumball. It just had snappier gags and a more consistent pace and flow. It felt more natural in its weirdness while Gumball comes off a little more forced to me to make things weird with the animation mixing.

I fucking love Gumball. Might be one of my fave cartoons at the moment. There are so many little sight-gags and zingers that absolutely tickle me and my girlfriend whenever we watch it.

I’m finally watching Attack on Titan Season 2. I enjoyed the first season pretty well, since it turns out overwrought, tragic, angsty, violent shōnen stuff is, indeed, my cup of tea. I’m four episodes in. I haven’t read the manga so I don’t know what’s going to happen. But it appears that this is the season where all the weirdness and mystery of the first season begins to get exposed to the sunlight and it soon becomes a linear, flattened, and ultimately rather dull puzzle to fit together (see what happens to the lore of Twin Peaks in season two).

I’m enjoying it well enough now–the tone and direction of the show is typically compelling even when the plot fails to enthrall–and can imagine it’ll sustain my interest for another couple seasons anyway. Araki’s maximalist style is held up for ridicule fairly often by anime fans (at least in the English-speaking world), I understand, but his overblown sense of the dramatic is what makes this, Kabaneri, and Death Note really spectacular animations.

Nevermind. The eighth episode has a scene where Armin and Mikasa angrily eat rations to show their determination, so I’m 100% on board with what’s going on.

Hello patient friends!

Today, Little Witch Academia is finally in English in a legal format via Netflix

Are you ready for a fun, whimsical carto-

I mean, it’s a completely cool cartoon show from the cool guys and gal at Trigge-

That’s her content face. And gun.

As someone who violently stole this whole show instead of waiting, I can heartily recommend watching it if you enjoyed the shorts. And unlike most cartoons, it’s not gross or terrible at all!

That’s more of a general life criticism, really.

It’ll make you feel real good. Good like this:

So, go watch it already. Later, not now. When it’s up.

Do it.

5 Likes
2 Likes

new FLCL fundamentally shouldn’t exist also looks neat

2 Likes