Cartoons (Part 1)

The Second ED of Little Witch Academia.

serious ass LWA spoilers:

I find it hilarious that Trigger is constantly dropping hints that the catalyst for the magical apocalypse is going to be a fucking huge soccer riot

it’s going to be great when I can talk about witches with normal people when Netflix puts it up some time next year

also now he’s latino and voiced by lin manuel miranda which actually he kind of does have the perfect high pitched whiny fenton voice?

2 Likes
2 Likes

God Pokemon looks so fucking good now

ahaha holy shit

3 Likes

…Shit, maybe they are going to be in Trolls 2.

The Blame! movie that’s a Netflix original is Knights of Sidonia garbage with no heft or weight behind anything. The spark of show not tell that the manga had is stamped out in favour of being aggressively anime and it’s more about the Electro-Fisher’s village than the protagonist.

the HUDs looked nice

that’s all

I was surprised that it was something of an adaptation with recognisable characters, locations and story beats rather than an additional chapter that could have been slotted in anywhere within the rest of the story.

Strangely, I found the stiffness of the animation worked in its favour once things got more explosive along with more active shots. Also odd is the choice of score which they also somehow managed to pull off.

Cibo is still cool.

Overall, it’s fine but it’s just there.

Apparently there was a section in Knights of Sidonia season 2 where they had an anime in the anime of Killy for about 2 minutes, being the mute emotionless protagonist with a “big” gun. It got enough of a buzz from watchers that they figured they could do something with it.

I’m not happy with it because it’s a plot I’ve watched or read many times already. And when they do nothing new with that plot, it’s just there, as you said. And when the animation style doesn’t give the action enough of an impact, even during the climax (seriously, the gravity beam emitter had a good sound to it but really wimpy effects, ditto with the rail guns) you’ve got something that’s a shadow of its former self.

So A Silent Voice is available from Amazon, Play Store and iTunes in the UK. Picking it up for sure to watch it this weekend.

I went through Overlord the past few days.

Pluses:
A giant Hamster that talks like a samurai
The main character embarrased by his taste in designing a WWII German soldier caricature NPC
An actual spell called Shark Cyclone

The rest of the show is fairly standard isekai/trapped in an MMO world stuff but doesn’t feel like it takes itself to seriously. I feel it’d be more interesting if it focused a bit more on the main character’s struggle to stay in character as an evil overlord and his emotional conflict that can bring. However, he has some kind of corrective magical force placed on him as an undead that keeps his emotional outbursts to a minimum so that kinda kills that angle. Anyways, I’d watch another season.

That’s wild, I don’t remember anything to that emotional angle in the manga. If it was there, it was mentioned once and then never really brought up again. I see it only goes up to the vampire throwdown finishing, and not to the more interesting lizardmen section.

Also I wasn’t aware it is a light novel series first, getting to adapted to manga second and then an anime after that success.

I mean, it’s not really there but you get some short monologues where he questions how he should feel about the stuff he does but because he’s a real undead now his emotions aren’t there. In the anime whenever he would start to feel a strong emotional response, like getting frustrated on wasting a rare item on the vampire’s brainwashing, there was a green flash that would calm him down back to a more neutral state.

It feels like it could be a fun story about having to actually live with the terrible stuff you thought was cool when you were a teenager and realize how terrible it would be to live out.

gamedevelopment.txt

1 Like

Emotion aside, there are various moments of that later on where he’s acting all grand and mighty and even impressing people who aren’t inclined to worship him by default while on the inside he’s just thinking “I have no idea what I’m doing dear God I hope they buy this BS.”.

i don’t really have a personal fondness for castlevania but this looks like one of those straight to video marvel cartoons?

i don’t even understand what an animaniacs reboot would consist of it’s so specificallly of it’s time

oh this is a terrible idea