Cartoons (Part 1)

a post so nice i bloodpotioned it twice (i just really like the phrasing “a butt, or a kiss, or something?”)

There are definitely weird cuts to AT in other countries and if by AU you mean Australia ive heard it’s especially, weirdly draconian over there

1 Like

it’s been 3 weeks and Samurai Jack is pretty much embarrassing anything remotely near it in the genres of cartoon, action and action cartoons

Sony could have had a fucking Popeye movie from Gendy but they dun goofed

The next DCAU flick is looking like a reprise of the 90s Batman cartoon.

1 Like

i mean i know the new reboot is a hybrid live action/cartoon but still why would anyone be excited about this dumb picture lol

Why would there be any human people in a Reboot show

Reboot built an entire mostly internally consistent fiction purely in order to justify the fact that all its characters were computer generated

Do these kids know they pose an existential threat

Watched the final episode of Naruto and like yeah, that show fell into a lot of pits of shonen excess but damn it I had to see how it all turned out. And now that it’s “over” (sequel series notwithstanding) I am filled with a bittersweet feeling.

1 Like

I have never seen a Naruto, but I heard things and I wanna know more, I just don’t know how to approach it. Probably with caution. I have the first episode sitting on my HDD. One day soon.

Other facts: I am still watching Dragon Ball Super (again) because the next tournament arc is here and that makes me happy. One of Goku’s enemies a couple episodes ago used a special attack called “Wolfgang Penetrator” and I haven’t forgotten about it because I thought it beared mentioning.

Also, btw, this anime season has second seasons of Boku no Hero Academia, Shingeki no Kyojin and Berserk in it. Fuck me!

I watched Naruto quite a bit in the past, I will forever defend the Rock Lee vs Gaara fight in the Chuunin exams as the best part of the whole show.

2 Likes

Y’all catch the Rick and Morty premiere stream?

I love it.

This one episode of Rick and Morty also seems to be repeating on TV for April Fools if you want to watch it

Nine more fucking seasons.

Oh my god. I just learned all of Utena subbed is on youtube

Guess it’s time to rewatch it!!

1 Like

The internet has me so paranoid that it wasn’t until McDonalds starting talking about bringing it back that I allowed myself to believe it was real.

Bkub is finally getting an anime

everything is okay

EDIT: I can’t they believe they committed this hard just to do the same joke all over again. On April 1st they actually first announced that Bkub’s Hoshiiro Girldrop was getting an anime and just like the last time it ended in:

EDIT2:
This website is special

2 Likes

so weird to see this straight up 90s style animation again

but also i guess i feel like i can’t really get that excited for DCAU style stuff since dwayne mcduffie died

this feels kinda like when they made that weird Brainiac Attacks movie that looked like Superman but had the wrong voices and general style

RIP Bruce TImm art style. I have a strong feeling these are going to be shit.

excited for squirrel girl though.

Squirrel Girl is the best and if they mess this up I will never forgive comic books as a medium.

2 Likes

Or TV

[details=hey guess what show haley is still watching]

looking forward to finding out if making everyone in The World want to fuck him is one of dio’s stand powers or if he just gets that one for free

“arrogant pretentious blonde vampire dom with painted nails, an eight-pack and a deliberately non-functional belt whose only character motivation is to recruit for his sex dungeon” is just about the most obvious fujoshi-bait to exist but i mean i’m still picking up what they’re putting down here, so

i’m mostly holding out for arc 4 where everyone says characters and fights both get less boilerplate but lovingly-detailed homoerotic punch-fests will keep me going in the meantime i guess

the new opening song is objectively bad so i will say it is “insanely good” instead

it is almost 7 AM so maybe it’s time for me to do the vampire thing myself huh? yeah guess so
[/details]

1 Like