Cartoons (Part 1)

2017 Cartoon hype is real

3 Likes

Gabriel Dropout is pretty legit cartoon. It’s more or less in the same vein as umaru with useless/shitty characters but has some fun faces and gets pretty cartoony with its motion.

Hard to think of a cartoon I’m less excited for than FLCL 2

1 Like

This. I loved FLCL but its something that I really feel ought to be left untouched. I’ll give the new one a shot, but I’m ready for it to be terrible.

I would love for FLCL 2 to be anything but embarrassing.

(nsfw)

yeah ok i like this

The new Adventure Time miniseries leaked because of course it did. It’s easily the best AT has been in years.

3 Likes

Yeah it owns bones!! i need to finish it. and also rewatch the entire series since it’s ending next season

saw it all last night! It was great!

2 Likes

Interviews with Monster Girls is some great fluff with decent human drama angles. You could probably show this to a normal person without to much embarrassment.

2 Likes

so where are we at right now wrt race bending for cartoon voice actors

because uh that is one heck of an accent alright

I am watching Konosuba right now and I like the silliness of it, it’s closer to how actual D&D campaigns play out instead of the epic thing you envisioned in your brain. But damn, is this show horny.

My only question is, will it be funny? Samurai Jack was funny.

the humor in SJ was hit or miss but occasionally it really, really hit

You should have lodged your complaints 17 years ago, when Jack had the exact same voice.

I’m more interested in who they got to replace Mako, if they even bothered (I wouldn’t have bothered because that laugh)

Yeah the most important piece this new season needs is a good replacement for Mako. His voice really made the show imo.

Yeah, I think Mako’s irreplaceable. I bet they run with short clips of previously recorded material and treat him as a fragment of Jack’s psyche or something similarly evasive.

That might be a bit much for a show that has children as it’s target demographic.