Cartoons (Part 1)

I swear this kinda hurts.

what is the best Action Girl show

probably oban star racers

2 Likes

Korra

Cross Ange

this looks cool and i will watch it

seen it all already, but this is a good answer. still wish the sports anime tournament arc from the first season was the whole show

Dirty Pair is fun!

Iria: Zeiram the Animation is pretty solid. Very cool universe, very cool design, some good action. Animation is good enough - sometimes great, sometimes iffy. Plot is anime.

1 Like

THE GUNSMITH CATS

Just don’t read the comic, probably.

1 Like

Re:Zero has ascended into soap opera levels of schamltziness with almost 80% of an episode having two characters discuss their emotional hangups. Which I guess is about as good as a LN adaptation anime could hope to be I guess.

(I think its a fun ride still. I almost want to read the books cause I want to know what happens next and week waits are starting to wear on me.)

Yeah, that was and still is my favorite thing about the show. It blew my mind as a kid seeing these characters save the earth but then have to resolve their own personal arcs in the aftermath. Seeing characters function outside of a battle zone was cool stuff for the time, and Macross grabbed me because of it.

I didn’t get Macross 7 for about its first 20 episodes? But then I accepted it and had a real good time. I’m not sure if I’d reccomend it to anyone though unless you have a few friends to watch it with you.

Macross Plus still rules. Everyone should watch Macross Plus in both OAV and movie forms (for the extended ending).

brad neely’s harg nallin sclopio peepio is

maybe it’s like

a better robot chicken?

all the highs and lows of a regular sketch comedy show are amplified by 10?

feels like digging through the archives of a 00s era flash website you’ve never seen all at once?

i dunno

As a long-time Neely fan (who for some reason didn’t watch much of China, Illinois), Sclopio Peepio is a godsend. Not every bit lands, but the ones that do are incredible, and it’s sometimes sublime.

The Creased Comics-loving hipster in me can’t help but want everything to be a succession of hand-drawn stills in true George Washington/BabyCakes/Professor Bros. style, but this is raw Neely, and I’m enjoying it a lot (though I thought the fourth episodes sketches overall were a little weaker).

1 Like

Yeah the last few episodes have been a drag, but I do appreciate that the protagonist is continually punished for trying to be the protagonist

Has anything, ever, reached the level of Professor Bros? I think not. I think not.

For those of you who watched all of Gravity Falls, you may be interested to know the statue of Bill Cipher was found last night after a globe-spanning treasure hunt.

2 Likes

08th MS Team is so many leagues ahead of every other Gundam thing I’ve tried it’s somewhat depressing

Though I really don’t like the humandraw in this at all

2 Likes

Either new Berserk series is getting better or I am getting used to it, but just like the movies rose in quality, this show is growing on me. The bland computer faces still aren’t a treat, but they’re drawing just enough of the important scenes to get emotions across. I think the monstrous baddies might actually benefit from the heavy use of CG.

Maybe waiting so long to see this in motion made me soft, and maybe hopelessly falling in love with the opening and ending themes colors my judgment, but:

At the end, this is still Berserk. I like it.