Canadian Hijinx

So for the past few months my best friend since high school and I have been planning a comic. The goal is to make it half slice of life and half like, a shonen battle comic and uh, hopefully we can pull that off. Dunno where we are gonna put it yet but its gonna be a webcomic that gets updated at worst once a week, at least thats the plan~

It’s a comic about people who arent just buff white dudes or high school students or who arent depressed. Also magic powers, which includes things like JoJo stands, cause it uses the same magic system as my tabletop game

Anyway I’ve had time to do some character turnarounds since its spring break so, here’s that. Did most of the character designs like, start of this year but havent had time cause ive been playing catchup on life.

8 Likes

Oh and uh I put clothes on em so heres, that.

6 Likes

Thank you for inspiring me to start drawing all my character’s butts…even if I’m the only one who ever sees them. Very important character trait. You can learn a lot about someone from their butt.

(Please don’t ever think about or look at my butt. Thank you.)

4 Likes

remind me to send you a picture of the sketch at the coffee machine at work, ‘butts of Middle Earth’

3 Likes

Until we actually start making the comic I’m just gonna keep posting these as I make 'em. I mean once we start making the comic I dont really know what Im gonna do with this thread anyway buuutttt

4 Likes

butt!

Are they all Canadian!?

I guess I could’ve explained the thread title haha. The comics called American Mischief so I thought I’d do a goof on it

I like the concept of shonen fight people’s activities being categorized as mischief.

1 Like

i’m looking foward to read this~!

awwh y’all! I don’t know how to handle people saying they like things. I should take notes

We just spent like, 6 hours thumbnailing the first chapter. Took us a while because it was our first time and it was hard! but also cause we fuck around a lot. And 'cause I’m about to pass out. But it was fun and I feel good and I am very excited to continue to work on this

School hit me hard this past week and I was waiting for a screen protector to come in for my tablet and one of my bosses is an ass and im depressed but i finally finished another turnaround! plus his related magical whatsits

2 Likes

turns out depression sux and so does my job but I’m really happy with this here design. Trans ghost detective~

Also I did this guy a bit back

2 Likes

I’ve been silently working away at this still especially in recent weeks as I am finally freed of my horrid previous semester at uni. A big thing I’ve noticed as I’ve moved further along is that this project has been not only something to throw my energies at, but has brought be back to drawing. Previous to this I hadn’t done anything that wasn’t for classes, so I hadn’t been doing much drawing OR designing for that matter

But now that I’ve been “warmed-up” so to say, I realized that uh the old designs weren’t really great. Everyone was same-y and I wasn’t really making effective use of shape language. So I recently finished a new (nude) lineup of everyone that actually makes better use of design principles

And uh just today I finished up a banner for my various accounts

2 Likes

Waiting on the final version of chapter 1’s script from the writer, but here’s the cover for it at half resolution

4 Likes

he just straddles that hill like it’s a horse

true power

1 Like

Getting back into working on this as the dust in my life settles, working on little character pinup sorta things inbetween doing the pages of chapter 1. Here’s Wednesday! She’s a 19yo lesbian /w DID who ran away from her abusive home to join the travelling circus.

Also I don’t think there’s really gonna be very exact ‘canonical colors’ for the characters because I’m choosing colors on a like, scene-by-scene basis so that each page has good color composition. Cause thats more important to me than each character having like, exact colors down to the Hex code

3 Likes