Can I Kick It?

kickstarter thread! continued from here: http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?t=43573

a buddy of mine is making a driving game inspired by outrun but with way deeper, more satisfying controls. you drift in the game, and to do it you have to let go of the accelerator and hit another button and go back to the accelerator really fast. it’s like changing gears in an awesome car. it’s feels great and the art is pleasant and the music is sweet. the game is called slipstream and it’s on kickstarter right now.

the backbone of the game is done and 100% playable (there is even a demo of the most recent build), but with kickstarter he says he’ll implement a lot of cool features like different game modes and such.

maybe check it out?

3 Likes

Stopping in to say that this is a better arcade racer than Drift Stage and has less stiff-feeling drifting

This isn’t the MegaMan Legends fan thread I was looking for.

3 Likes

Man I was totally going to skip this because I already kickstarted two other throwback arcade racers and it looked like Oh Deer had better controls but fuck it. In for a penny in for a pound.

This looks pretty good.

:shermiesteppin:

1 Like

this seems bonkers

shamelessly sharing a couple friends’ projects in their twilight hours:::

edit: lol image

1 Like
1 Like