i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

Is everyone just casually going to gloss over MIDA having Third Eye whereas it takes like three seconds for your radar to come up using any other weapon

truuuuu. cheers!

I got a tractor cannon from an excotic engram and it feels like exactly the kind of good dumb thing that has otherwise been smoothed out.

Bungie rebalances the entire game around PvP and now the PvP streamers are starting to put out their ā€œIā€™m bored of Destiny 2 alreadyā€ videos, gg

the nightfall was some bullshit. what are you even supposed to do on that last boss?? after a couple attempts we had streamlined the rest of the strike and had ample time left and couldnā€™t beat him because we were killed every few seconds (love how the boss just charges you and thereā€™s nothing you can do but eat damage, merciless wouldnā€™t even stagger him). then the game spawns you in lighting. cool. felt like a year one nightfall.

hey iā€™m on now, please add eskaibo as a friend or whatever!! itā€™d be cool to join the clan too but idk if itā€™ll be much fun since iā€™m on the other side of the world

1 Like

there are a few of us in the uk/ireland at least, and you get some Great Loot + perks just from being involved with one so yeaaaaah iā€™ll send an invite later

3 Likes

honestly playing this game for an hour once or twice a week has felt just right to keep the relationship going

imagine doing nothing but playing a video game as your ā€˜jobā€™ and making #content about it. itā€™s like eating ice cream for every meal of the day and expecting to be nutritionally satisfied.

1 Like

I canā€™t even bring myself to do that anymore, I just want to beat the raid once and be done with this until the next expansion which is not really how I envisioned I would be talking about this game three months ago

i honestly think this is better than the first game in pretty much every way but i was always more enamoured with the part that was sorta like halo than the part that was sorta like a fixed odds betting terminal

custom title still workinā€™ out lol

7 Likes

Yeah, I am firmly in the ā€œenjoying this much more than D1ā€ camp. The mods are silly, but everything else has been a lot of fun, and I enjoy playing space dress up. And the raid is so good that I am glad to run it for a long time.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised at how much fun running Trials has been. Itā€™s maybe been the most fun and challenging part of the game so far, with the raid being a very close second. Whatever about the grinding for god-rolls in D1, at least the way non-random rolls work for Crucible in D2 is such that matches boil down to learning and getting better as a group, rather than them boiling down to who has spent most time studying crucible playbook + grinding perfect meta-call weapons.

I think the Mida saturation will cool down as players realise that there are really viable weapons across nearly every type (except hand cannons), and that map sizes and styles are really weighted towards different play styles and ranges. Iā€™m now super confident against a Mida with my Urielā€™s at medium range, and yaā€™ll should see Sonford with that Last Hope sidearm up close on scout rifle users. I think players will learn to retreat and to avoid running out into long range MIDA players before bungie make moves to nerf it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about this all day and trying to figure out what I wanted out of Destiny 2, and honestly all I could come up with is that D1 had the right hooks to make it a good distraction from my own self-loathing, whereas D2 does not and that makes me profoundly sad

This is a horrible and very subjective metric by which to evaluate this game but I would be lying if I didnā€™t actually come out and say it

I can empathise a lot with you @Sakurina. My Destiny 1 experience, whenever it wasnā€™t super joyous raiding/playing with yaā€™ll, was an entirely escapist experience. I love @idiotā€™s take of D1 being ā€œspreadsheets in spaceā€, but there is a definitely a kind of satisfaction that comes from the ritual of completing tasks and checklists, which is a feeling Iā€™m missing from Destiny 2. Weirdly, some of my favourite times with the first game were spent lazily completing bounties I had done 100 times before while listening to podcasts or music. The flow of the gameā€™s controls make it such a nice thing to inhabit, and for distraction purposes D1 was unparalleled for me. I think Iā€™ll still play D2 and do Raids and Trials, but it definitely doesnā€™t serve the same purpose for me as D1, and thatā€™s partially due to my life situation right now, and mostly due to design decisions and efforts bungie has made to streamline the experience for newer players.

yeah this is true, iā€™ve had more ā€˜we ran out of medalsā€™ in the last couple of weeks than my entire run of d1 with antiope and prosecutor & there are definitely a bunch of maps where mida isnā€™t that viable

hey does anyone have an issue with ā€˜tap the triggerā€™ weapons? iā€™ve noticed a lot of the time when iā€™m holding the trigger down on uriels sometimes itā€™ll justā€¦ stop firing, i had to switch back to prosecutor

This is what I did yesterday with running public events to get FWC tokens, and it was nice. It isnā€™t as necessary in D2 though, so I guess I can understand missing it, but I really am not gonna mourn the loss of grind, especially when there are plenty of grindy games out there to fill it. I am OK 100%with Destiny being less grindy, but I guess if the grind was something anyone liked in it, D2 is going to be a disappointment. For me, the grind is jut right that I can actually feel like I am getting something out of it, but then again, I am the guy who didnā€™t get gjallahorn for no shit 2 years, despite playing a ton of the game, so I am probably a little biased against the grind.

this has happened to me a few times. i think this was a bug in d1 until they fixed it? i guess that makese sense if d2 is an earlier fork.

going on five nightfalls without a clear, counting the ones i tried to do on monday. i canā€™t suck this bad

Slayerage posted a 3 man Calus clearā€¦ā€¦ how

edit: oh now he got it down to 2

1 Like

seems like there are safe spots in the Wacky World where you canā€™t be pulled forward, so the one guy in there kills councillors and slayerage just gets behind calus at the very last second of the skulls phase to hit him with one wardcliff coil shot and a grenade to start the dps phase