bulletin witch

woah, that new art is uh… real fucking bad

This coming off the Dreamcast releases.

HardOff and BookOff are seperate companies.

3 Likes

Rudie, I think I speak for all the people who build small plastic robots on the forum when I ask: is hobby off the magical place I want it to be?

Travis Strikes Again is coming to PS4 and Steam???

1 Like

HobbyOff is usually paired with OffHouse. OffHouse is used clothes and furniture and housewares. HobbyOff is gundams and anime CDs and yugioh cards and video games.

1 Like

Shocking lack of conversation about LIQUOR OFF here.

1 Like

I hardly know 'er

1 Like

2 Her 2 Story

4 Likes

I see that hyper Light Drifter and Mutant Year Zero are the free Epic Game Store games of the week.

I know some people here mentioned Mutant Year Zero before release, but did anyone ever actually play it?

1 Like

@shrug did

Mutant Year Zero is slight and charming and feels like a stealth-focused (you move through the map in real time and encounter/engage enemies on the same; you can/often need to carefully position and choose how and when you finally engage enemies and flip the switch to turns) low-budget X-com that almost never fucks you completely via RNG.

I did stop playing around the time they introduce a ton of mind-control units and the 3-unit limit feels kinda arbitrary as your roster grows? Overall I liked what I played! Will return some day!

You can teach your boar man how to eat a whole fresh body to refill his life bar.

6 Likes

It’s as if they somehow did a good job implementing nu-XCOM but also purposefully made it low-stress. I found it pleasant but realized that after an afternoon I gained nothing from the experience, even the writing is just light pen & paper campaign and table read.

3 Likes

Totally thought Mutant Year Zero was an action RPG, but I guess I was really thinking about Biomutant? Similarly, all you people have been talking about Outer Wilds and I was thinking it was the Fallout-like Outer Worlds.

I did the same thing when it first went on super-sale

Outer Wilds/Worlds is something I can’t even type straight when I know what I want to say

1 Like

just wanna post here to say it’s been shown that the ion fury / ion maiden devs are hardcore anti social justice transphobes

5 Likes

now that’s some spelling

2 Likes

Fucking figures.

They’re doubling down on the “you’re taking things out of context” angle.

Good time to reread this.

In reality, you can’t just get up and walk out of the chair and conquer the aliens that control our world all by yourself. For the vast majority of human beings on this earth, when the state says you’re dead, you’re dead. You stay on the chair and you die. State power wins.

This is the power of the fantasy Duke Nukem as a cultural figure represents: that through raw machismo, the series of oppressive neoliberal forces that form the framework of our society can be conquered and transcended. Duke cannot exist in a rational world. He can only exist in a one filled with internal contradictions, crossed wires, and broken down buildings.

His world is never stable. It can only ever be dominated by irrational fears of the unknown and one-dimensional, cartoonish archetypes. His world never resolves any of its cognitive dissonances, and sometimes even seems to be aware of its own self-destructiveness.

But Duke Nukem 3D only reveals this briefly before quickly moving on. The fantasy can only hold so much injection of reality before it completely topples in on itself. This world must continue on, as if nothing had ever happened, in order to sustain itself. That world is still our reality.

8 Likes