bulletin witch

It’s a really solid opportunity to at least match what Microsoft has done with it’s Xbox BC initiative and I have zero faith in them not bungling it up.

Guess it really is just a big arcade stick.

If a new PlayStation would allow me to play every game I’ve purchased digitally across PS3, PS4 and PS Vita that’d be enough for me, but I can’t fathom them being that generous/thoughtful/thorough

3 Likes

So that thing is probably going to flop and then we’ll never see another publisher try this again, right?

is it actually shaped like the capcom logo because ew if so

2 Likes

oh god it is

this thing is like $300 and incredibly ugly and only has 16 games

who is this for

I dunno

300 bucks is cheaper than a Progear PCB and a supergun

2 Likes

I mean, SNK is going for at least two more versions of some sorta home console, on top of the tiny cab from last year and the Neo Geo X debacle (assuming the translations of that Metal Slug/KOF XV report were accurate).

Seeing as there are a ton of shady arcade sticks loaded with ROMs on Amazon, I guess Capcom sees the opportunity but fails to see the appeal of those things (having every dang arcade game on 'em, legality be damned).

Anyway, give this thing a week or two and some Russian teen will find a way to hack more games onto it, I’m sure.

1 Like

¥ 14,181 40% Off | Pandora Box 6 1300 in 1 arcade console can add 3000 games 2 players led button usb joystick for pc ps3 amusements game machines

Aliexpress links fucking suck.

That’s gotta be it, right? As cool as Aliens vs Predator is I can only see this going to people that are excited about Pro Gear and Giga Wing. They might as well have filled it up with shmups instead of like, the Mega Man fighting game.

Dreams Alpha is out now:

I’m looking forward to every Mario 64 bootleg

2 Likes

Wait, why Darkstalkers 1?
Why Ghouls n Goblins instead of Super?

It runs on FB Alpha and costs 200 dollars. I think this is an april fool’s joke.

2 Likes

I think it’s like $260 (if the £200 price point is anything to go by) which makes it even more nuts.

Pretty much anyone can slap together a Pi 3 and some cheap MayFlash arcade sticks for less than half that.

It just won’t look like a big ol’ Capcom logo. Ah well.

2 Likes
1 Like

fun fact: the FBA license terms do not permit commercial ventures

also

2 Likes

SSDs as standard has taken a real load off this studio these past few months, though I don’t think many of us know how big they’re going to be. Luckily memory has finally started going down in price this past year, but I expect space will be huge concern. I’m sure they’ll put an extra emphasis on deluxe console bundles and add-ons to expand storage space.

1 Like

i added this to my wishlist yesterday, i might pick it up. looks cute and sounds BABA-like in its cleverness, if reviews are to be believed

the emulation community has gotten extremely touchy about assuming people have stolen their code when in fact someone has actually paid them

which is fair because they’re hobbyists performing an essential service for peanuts and unlike the hobbyists 20 years ago they tend to need money now

it’s frustrating though