bulletin witch

I can never bother playing the game longer than like 5 minutes to find out because who the hell wants to play Vectorman.

I want Vectorman because I can tolerate it while everyone else hates it

your suffering gives me life

3 Likes

You only have like 500 other genesis collections to play it on.

the greatest crimes are the ones perpetrated enough to the point where everyone accepts them

4 Likes

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing Sega of America that people really love Vectorman.

10 Likes

Vectorman is basically just B.O.B 2.0, similar murky colour palette, 90s 'tude with robot made of spheres. Same 16-bit western platformer level design where they just make a maze using a randomly picked generic tileset with the same few enemies sprinkled around with no rhyme or reason. Honestly DKC is just a bit more polished version of this type of design

The way the main character sprite changes colour and tone based on the current lighting situation is pretty neat though

5 Likes

I’m absolutely with you on the critiques of western platform design, but DKC is mostly linear action sequences built to flow into each other, with a screen or two of exploration above or below. It always felt like it hewed to Mario conventions of directed level design.

The water levels, I suppose, but it’s still mostly linear while appearing not to be.

4 Likes

at least vectorman has a playable framerate and a decent sense of aesthetics

1 Like

Y’all bout to melt the thread with these hot takes

5 Likes

Vectorman isn’t even the worst game Blue Sky made for the system, not as long as stuff like Jurassic Park Rampage Edition, The Little Mermaid and Vectorman 2 are around. but at the same time, it’s not the greatest either, seeing as Desert Demolition is a surprisingly solid platformer and World Series Baseball was the 16-bit baseball game to beat for a while

3 Likes

I mean, true, but Vectorman and Vectorman 2 keep showing up on every Genesis thing in the US, whereas those other ones just don’t.

And I still have no idea why.

Funnily enough, Vectorman represents the totality of Blue Sky’s original output also owned by Sega

rasterman in a vector world

2 Likes

hey i haven’t read the past 20 posts in this thread, but i’m thinking of starting a poll:

Best game ever?

Vectorman

Half-Life 2

9 Likes
9 Likes

mega drive ghouls and ghosts is the shit that is the shit

1 Like

Vectorman wins because he has feet, duh.

1 Like

is this good? i think i fucked with the x68k port for ten mins once and filed it under ‘nice music’

arcus odyssey rules. someday i will have to finally play the two player mode.

Castlevania Anniversary Collection out right now on all the consoles and PC. Did you know that it’s an M2 joint? I didn’t! They also waited until only now to reveal the full game list

• Castlevania] (1987, NES)
  • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest (1988, NES)
  • Castlevania: The Adventure (1989, Game Boy)
  • Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (1990, NES)
  • Kid Dracula (1990, NES)
  • Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge (1991, Game Boy)
  • Super Castlevania IV (1991, SNES)
  • Castlevania Bloodlines / New Generation / Vampire Killer (1994, Mega Drive)

Also the earlier released Konami Arcade Collection is getting updated so you you play Japanese versions of the ROMs with their mostly easier difficulties and to let you play in TATE mode on Switch which were basically the main complaints people had with it. Did you know that it’s just a compilation of Hamster’s previous arcade re-releases by Hamster? I didn’t!

4 Likes