Bowling Alley Amiga Mixtape

Exactly what it says on the tin.

tl;dr: my ma worked at a bowling alley in the '90s and some guy there gave her a mixtape of a bunch of Amiga modules. We played it in the car a few times and then it got lost.

Here it is, preserved in all its warblyness.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqk34878k4qb1kx/StefsAmigaTape.zip

Side A goes places, but Side B goes hard.

15 Likes

EthnoMagic is a Large Jam

2 Likes

Ohhh man, I can not wait to get off work and give this a listen.

1 Like

Hyped to hear these warbly Amiga sounds.

dito!

I’m listening to this right now, 1.5 tracks in and it’s immediately obvious this is going to be repeated on my playlist about 40x so uh

thanks to you and wheover stef is!

The sound is very good. This is exactly the type of thing I would listen to while playing cards. Voyage might find its way into a playlist.

1 Like

Very nice. I only ever had one MOD song on a cassette tape. A friend made it for me, cutting the tape so that it was exactly long enough for gods17.mod.

Edit: I just found it in the closet:

gods17_tape

4 Likes

Excellent. I’m a fan of Barry Leitch’s remix, myself.

Glad to hear everyone’s diggin’ it. :3

1 Like

Listening to this again, it’s great working music. Will probably put on my phone for workouts as well. It pretty much rules.

1 Like

Yeah, I enjoyed this a lot. It’s not often you get to hear this kind of digital music piped through old analog tape. Some pretty cool tunes, and an excellent time capsule. I can just picture this tape clicking into a boombox in a scuzzy bowling alley.

1 Like

Super glad it’s going down well. I could barely believe it when I found it in the cupboard. Just sitting there on the top of a pile of tapes.

1 Like

EthnoMagic is just so incredibly good. And I love old mudfuzz EQ. But my ears needed a crispy version, so I did a clean export combined with a fairly close remix. Thought you might enjoy amigues!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dKFUoVx_mHVFACkgSnT4JRX5FKUOKyWf

2 Likes

Magnificent.

1 Like