Blizzard DOTA

Dignitas: 0-2 Teh89, 0-2 mYinsanity
Cloud9: 1-2, 1-2 Brain Power
MVP Black: 0-4 Tempest
Naventic: 0-3 Gale Force

what the fuck y’all

I MEAN REALLY THO WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

I feel like NA is gonna be pretty embarrassing because the only team I thought who really looked good at all was Naventic, and obviously that was only some of time.

Chromie’s first competitive appearance was about as disappointing as expected, but it was exciting to see C9 bust out the Murky. And Rexxar.

so have any of you hots kids spent some quality time with medivh? he looks exactly like my kinda character

I’ve only seen him once when he was shutting down my Li Ming. He seems really cool?

I mean, I went 8-20-0 but he made it difficult

hows the necromancer play
is he worth it

He’s good, but really struggle with him and kind of regret spending the gold. I have trouble playing heroes that aren’t super safe in general, though.

I just want to say, the new ranked system is really awful. Aside from just having to win like 4 straight games to get out of your bracket, Blizzard decided to show a lot more of their hand this time so I get to see their MMR system handicap me every single game because it thinks I deserve to be a worse rank than I am. I spent the day winning a game only to lose the next one and get set on DEMOTION GAME repetitively because the system doesn’t like me (despite having been ranked singnificnatly lower than I was last season.) Of course, when I finally won one and ranked down it’s a struggle to rank up again because of the stupid penalties to my score : (

Also, when meauxdal and I were doing our placement games it kept throwing out wins for some reason, which seems like a very big problem.

necro is really fun he’s kind of sneaky

My issue with the new ranking system (which is the same as every ranking system in team-based games): the game thinks I’m better than I actually am.

I went 3-7 in my placements (I played support a bunch, I can only do so much, yes I am passing the blame what of it) and still landed in Platinum 4. That doesn’t seem to make sense? And I still get the rank adjustment penalty when I do win? I didn’t think my QM MMR was that good.

It’s okay though, all I have to do is first-pick ETC and I get free wins

i’m silver 2, just fucking kill me already. i feel like maybe it’s on me, but i’ve never been ranked where i should be :frowning:

my MMR is more or less lower than it was in HL when i first started playing the game. this is my first moba. i’m roughly 200% better than i was then, but my MMR is lower now… i don’t… understand

I mean, you were like 2 ranks above me when the season ended and I went 5/5 on placement (It was actually like 7-6 lol) so that seems consistent.

Plat is a hell of idiotic players who don’t know what they’re doing, I can’t imagine what Silver is like. (That’s not true, I assume Plat is like upper teens/lower twenties which was equally awful, and Silver is probably like upper 30’s which was the worst)

Results aside I’m just super happy with TL right now because no one yells at me for picking Anub now <3

Plat seems like mid teens to 5 or 6, which would put diamond and master as repping the chunk of players at ranks 5 to 1 (there was, by many indications, a lot of different MMRs kicking around at rank 1) and GM of course being the top 500

Of course, Blizzard will never admit or refute any of this

Honestly, aside from a couple of games, my matches have been pretty back and forth and fair, like I’m actually at the right tier.

I should probably just play Thrall, since I’ve managed to win every game I played as him

Man, I had a game yesterday where our team lost because 3 people walked into ring of frost 5 team fights in a row. These kids seem pretty dumb.

Reminder to self: buy Jaina with next 4k gold, farm idiots

(I should really have bought the Illidong but I wanted another support except whoops I’m bad at Tyrande)

my last rank was 26, i went 5-5 in placements (actually i think 7-5, but heyyyyy), so there’s no way silver 2 can be 30’s, can it? 31 is the lowest i’ve ever been, coming off a wicked losing streak earlier this year. highest i’ve ever been is 21

She does seem like the way to win at this rank but I can’t hit ROF for shit ;_;

if i can’t eventually get to a rank where people won’t let me stand still and farm shields with artanis, i’m not sure i can keep playing this game. not that i theoretically mind being unkillable, but even that doesn’t mean you’ll win, as players in silver 2 haven’t yet grasped the importance of such complex mechanics as lane soak

I’m at a spot where people get mechanics but we make/made a bad call and throw

At least a throw happens quickly instead of over an entire game