SWORDS....SAMURAI SWOOOORDS! In The Select Button Anime Club Gay Watch! 5/21 at 9PM EST!

https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

THE SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB FAQ

WHAT IS THE SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB?

It’s all your best pals from Select Button watching anime, on-line, together, and getting real rowdy. The chat is very lively. We are very friendly. We want you to join us.

I am its Official Honorary Founder. I take all the credit. Everyone else does all the work.

WHEN IS THE SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB?

Every Tuesday at 8PM EST some real deal anime starts, usually curated by Tulpa. This often runs until 1AM-ish, when things get really rude and painful. This is when AFTER DARK begins. This is when notbov begins to hurt us all.

We are often up VERY late. Do not hesitate to pop in if you’re not on the East Coast of the USA. There will likely be someone present.

WHERE IS THE SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB?

You can find us at https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

HOW DO I GET SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB TO WORK?

You’ll need to install a plugin. There’s a link to directions at the top of https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub. The plugin is open source, has been inspected, and is safe to use. It can be finnicky – it only works in Chrome for me – and occasionally it will just crap out. But if you restart your browser once or twice it will generally fix things.

If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask in chat.

WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB?

There’s a soft “nothing made past 1997” rule. If it’s post EVA it better be really fucking good. Or really fucking bad (hi bov).

Often there are theme nights. Sometimes our fine curators are tired so we just watch whatever. Sometimes we play catch-up on serials we’ve fallen behind on. Sometimes a friend will curate a night devoted to their favs. It’s all very fun! Though sometimes…not all very good (hi bov).

You can also expect to fall in love…with anime. And your fellow Select Button friends. You can expect to feel…

emotion chrome_2017-06-06_23-40-35

CAN I CONTRIBUTE TO SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB?

Please do! Anyone with a synchtu.be account can add videos to the playlist. If you would like us to move it around the playlist just ask. You can even be a mod if you like! We trust you. You wouldn’t hurt us, right? So again, just ask. We’ll hook you up.

Please do not be shy. You are part of our community and we want as much as of your taste as we can get in this stew. I know that sounds gross, but it is true.

If you would like to curate your own Night of Anime we would love it. We want to get to know you better. Just ask and we are going to say “yes, please do it, we are so tired of picking out animes.”

You can find index-j’s Select Button Anime Club planning sheet here. Please feel free to add to it. Also maybe let us know cuz I think it may be a teeny bit out of date.

If you have your own home-made animated video films that you would like to show please check out notbov’s handy guide to converting videos!

Also chat is the greatest contribution of all. If you’re shy and crave anonymity you don’t have to make an account. You can just type in whatever name you like and chat as a guest! No one will hassle you. (But please…be nice.)

WILL I BE UPSET BY SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB?

We try not to show stuff that’s too gross, even though that can be a challenge cuz, y’know, this is anime, and anime has problems.

52 AM

Most shows are screened for content in advance but sometimes icky stuff slips through anyway. Should anything we’re watching make a viewer uncomfortable please speak up and we’ll skip it. If you’re too shy to do it in chat feel free to pop into the SB Discord and PM one of the mods.

No one should be upset by anime, even though that seems to be anime’s intended purpose.

Though if you’re present for After Dark…

56 AM

You’re in for some hurting. Mostly because the shit is really, really bad.

WHERE DOES THE SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB STAND ON SUBS VS DUBS, THE #1 ISSUE OF OUR DAY?

We tend to prefer dubs as they make chat easier. They are also often very funny. This is another reason why pre-97 is a good cut off; the dubs tends to be either surprisingly high quality or totally batshit. They are rarely bland. They are The Kind We Like.

If it’s a choice between pristine video quality with subs vs. Miami Mike’s 10th gen VHS bootleg with dubs chances are we’re going with the latter. If this seems obscene, well, join us. You’ll surely come around to the Dub Side.

DOES THE SELECT BUTTON ANIME CLUB EVER SHOW NON-ANIMES? DOES IT ONLY RUN ON TUESDAYS?

We try to stick to j-toons, and shows related to j-toons, but occasionally we’ll branch out. Our beloved index-j curated a non-anime cartoon night. It was a smashing success. We will likely do it again sometime.

If you find yourself unable to watch on Tuesdays you are welcome to pop into https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub and run your own shows. Post in this thread or in the Discord and you will likely have company. There has been much talk of stuff like “Sailor Moon Night”, which can happen! All it’s gonna take is you. Please don’t be shy. This isn’t costing us anything. Who knows how much longer we’ll be able to do it? Seize the anime…!

On the weekend https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub sometimes get hijacked by HALLOWEEN CLUB. We show horror movies then. We do not screen horror movies for content. Or for horror – we watched two BEASTMASTER movies in as many days. It was very good. We have a separate thread for that though.

AM I ALLOWED TO PEE?

That’s an odd way to phrase it but yes, we try to take breaks between each show. We load the playlist up with filler – music videos, old commercials, funny clips – and that usually kills 5-10 minutes. If you really want to catch the next feature and you need time to go do some shit please let us know. We are always willing to accomodate our friends.

WHAT IF I MISS ANIME CLUB?

The playlist plays regardless of anyone being present, so if you pop in you can treat it like a TV network.

The playlist is a cluttered mess but you can scroll through it. Find what you may have missed. Click on its name. It’ll open in another tab and you can watch it on youtube or download it from Google Drive.

WHAT IS THE MOST HEROIC MOMENT IN ANIME CLUB – NO, SELECT BUTTON – HISTORY?

index bottle fairies

WHAT’S THIS “black bile” THAT KEEPS POPPING UP IN CHAT?

It’s a filter for GALL FORCE, by far the worst thing we ever watched. Everyone blames bov for it. It wasn’t his fault. It was mine.

I’m to blame for Gall Force. I am a really bad influence. For some reason no one calls me out on it. Being the Official Honorary Founder Anime Club is great!!

WHAT’S THIS “HONORARY FOUNDER” BULLSHIT YOU FUCKING FRAUD?
55 AM

I won the poll, OK. It’s official.

(Anime Club was actually Drem’s idea. I was just way louder about it. Let us all thank Drem for improving our lives. :zeldaheart:)

I’M STILL NOT REALLY SOLD ON THIS WHOLE THING. ARE YOU SURE ANIME IS STILL ANY GOOD?

Damn right it is!

37 PM

Log onto the Wired and find out! https://cytu.be/r/sbanimeclub

12 Likes

I will dispute this

the first movie was your fault

the following 6-9 weeks of Gall were all me

3 Likes

vlcsnap-2017-11-14-19h54m31s373

Hurry up. Come back to school.

https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub

1 Like

Gall Force was my first anime, so it wasn’t that bad

yes it was

2 Likes

phonyaids
hwhitemen

6 Likes

:frowning: missed anime club :frowning:

Nooooo we just literally finished…

…with the fucking worst cartoon. We almost watched it at ANIME CLUB REAL WORLD.

It would have gotten me banned. Deservedly so.

05 AM

(I think the answer to that question was ‘yes’?)

Please come next week!!!

Also there is talk of doing SAILOR SATURDAYS, where we watch Sailor Moon. Who’s interested? Who’s ready?! Who’s gonna do all the hard work with curating and queueing that shit? Make your voice heard. Let’s watch some Sailor Senshi fuck shit up!

3 Likes

I’ll do all the Sailor Moon stuff, I just need to know if people prefer dubbed or subbed, or like, some way of alternating?

(I prefer dubbed)

omg i’m definitely doing this next week

I’m gonna try to hop in next week… Anime Club After Dark should be the perfect start of my day

ummmm that reminds me, didn’t someone here make a curated list of sailor moon eps w/o the bad filler? idk if people will really want to watch through all (or any) of season 2 :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

FROL

1 Like

The only stuff I’d want to skip is the stupid stuff with the sibling villains and their flute bullshit.

what about when it teases who cuba’s parents are for like 20 million episodes even though it’s obv from the very start!!! and the whole weird subplot where usagi is jealous of chibiusa over tuxedo mask

I assume you mean this? If everybody would rather abridge it like they would the X-Files, then that’s fine, I guess.

Doesn’t it take like, 12 episodes to get to Sailor Mars and Jupiter? I remember that kind of sucking when they’d loop through the episodes.

fuck this list, it’s skipping so much good stuff right off the bat

This is like X-Files myth only episodes, you end up skipping every single great episode in order to get to the so called plot.

edit: you are much MUCH better off watching every episode than following this list.

Its dismisses the first ikuhara episode (episode 6) as filler because it has no bearing on the overall plot, despite that being the first real sign of immense talent working on the sailor moon 90s anime.

Don’t skip the doomtree arc either! It has a lot of excellent episodes and feels kind of like a backdoor pilot to all the other Junichi Sato anime projects! Sailor Moon R is one of the best seasons of the show! THe only season I recommend skipping is Sailor STARS because that’s made by none of the people involved in the first four seasons.

3 Likes

I’d rather not skip anything, but I’ll go with whatever the People decide on, and if nobody else chimes in, then we’re going to do it bareback raw hardcore all-in 100%, including the musicals.

(Also, the Monster of the Week episodes of the X-Files are the best ones)

this is way worse in the manga!

can i change my name to Tuxedo Common

タキシード通常

Skipping episodes of Sailor Moon is almost like skipping episodes of a 70s super robot show. Watching them beat up monsters and get into antics every week is what you’re there for in the first place.

2 Likes